First Few Days

Old Jan 6th 2010, 5:25 pm
loui5a

loui5a will become famous soon enough
Default First Few Days

Hey,

I am sure this has been asked before but I hope you can help me.

My husband is going out to NZ first and arrives in Christchurch on the 27th March. My daughter and I are staying her until he gets a job and sets up and then we will join him.

Please could someone give me advice about where to stay for the first few nights until he finds somewhere to rent. We don't want to book a mid term rental prior to seeing it so in the first week he will scope this out but I would like to get the initial time booked.

All advice would be well received
Thanks
Louisa
Old Jan 6th 2010, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice
Default Re: First Few Days

Hi

Check out the website below. Its for an employment agency in Christchurch. The guy who runs it is in Christchurch and is from the UK. He has a small apartment that he rents out, and has loads of knowledge of jobs, rentals, etc. His name is Graham. We spoke to him last Autumn and he was very helpful.

[email protected]

Best wishes, Lindsay
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:04 pm

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

(posted below after lindsay and having read the above that sounds like a good option as well

we stayed at the copthorne hotel commodore http://www.commodore.net.nz/

for the first three nights we were here. Its a free transfer from airport 1.5k away and only a ten min drive into town.

It was very relaxed and has a nice indoor pool.

Id say for a more central place basicly check out hotels in city they are mostly ok. Might all be a bit expensive kiwi dollar terms once living here but for us it worked out at $1000 for all six of us for three days/nights and that included meals. at the time that converted to just 400uk pounds which was cheap IMO for the quality.

However that was 6 years ago!

Id say a good hotel atleast for a couple of days to get over the flight and freshen up is well worth the $ then maybe down grade a bit from then on in as once there he could ask.

I hope it goes well for him and also wish you all the positive karma I can as to be honest I think you have the harder task staying back home.

good luck and positive thoughts for a great 2010 for you guys.

george

Last edited by george toni; Jan 6th 2010 at 6:07 pm. Reason: edit
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed here for a few days in January last year. Serviced apartments with all mod cons.

http://www.questchristchurch.co.nz/