British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   First emotional ouch before moving! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/first-emotional-ouch-before-moving-701836/)

Aliwales Jan 22nd 2011 4:33 pm

First emotional ouch before moving!

Hi

had wonderful news today that my brother and sister in law, whom I am very close to, are expecting their first baby. ...... Due to be born after I've moved to nz!!! Huge floods if happy/sad tears, and tiny niggles if doubt crept in.

But head down and keep going and remind myself it's all for a better future for my family!!

How did everyone else cope with the emotional turmoil before leaving?!

Ali x

MnB Jan 22nd 2011 10:02 pm

Re: First emotional ouch before moving!

Originally Posted by Aliwales (Post 9120930)
Hi

had wonderful news today that my brother and sister in law, whom I am very close to, are expecting their first baby. ...... Due to be born after I've moved to nz!!! Huge floods if happy/sad tears, and tiny niggles if doubt crept in.

But head down and keep going and remind myself it's all for a better future for my family!!

Ali x

Did what you've done.....remind yourself why you're doing it :thumbsup: and remember life for those in UK will still go on :lol:
B x

LukeandJo Jan 22nd 2011 11:12 pm

They have their life, you have yours.

Shazmoo Jan 24th 2011 5:54 am

I completely know what you mean! My friends were all organizing a 30th holiday, a proper girly hol. I wasn't asked cos I would already be in new Zealand! Ouch!
I only arrived a month ago, and everyone is different. A lot of people love it at first then after a few weeks they start to get home sick! For me, I was home sick as soon as I left for the airport, I was an emotional wreck the first few days. But now I'm loving it and everyday I feel more settled. Start a new job tomoz were I'll hopefully meet some new friends. It's hard but worth it, the worst that can happen is you go home but at least you can say you tried.:D
Where bouts are you headed?

Originally Posted by Aliwales (Post 9120930)
Hi

Ali x

Shingi Jan 29th 2011 3:08 am

We were so busy in the last few weeks before we left I didn't have time to stop and think about the emotional side of leaving family and friends. My parents were very upset when we said our goodbyes, but because we were kind of in holiday mode it didn't effect us so much. We've been here a week now and I was doing fine until I spoke to my mom. She is still very emotional about it, you can hear the upset in her voice, so that makes it hard. I had a moment a couple of days ago when I was really weepy for no reason, but the next day I was right as rain. I'm sure there will be plenty more weepy moments along the way, but we've no regrets so far, early days still, so we'll see how things pan out.:thumbsup: