Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

First car in NZ but where to go in it?

First car in NZ but where to go in it?

Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

madao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First car in NZ but where to go in it?

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
It's a shame really. The south island is so stunning! I was in NZ last year staying on the south island and wanted to see a bit of the north but ruled it out because of the ferry cost.

More to the point there's a Kiwi beer fest in Chch in Feb?! I'm planning on returning in April to work, but may push it forward!
http://greatkiwibeerfestival.co.nz/

It seems they do a VIP ticket option with complimentary bar

Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:27 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madao
http://greatkiwibeerfestival.co.nz/

It seems they do a VIP ticket option with complimentary bar

Oh, that looks amazing. Although I take note of "Intoxicated patrons and anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated." I guess POMS wont be allowed in then
Old Nov 18th 2012, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

madao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirplug
As it's an MG, I'd join the AA!!
So, having picked it up a week ago and only driven 120km's I went to drive to work this morning and it wouldn't start!

Waiting for the dealer to return my call to get it sorted.

Also, having spoken to the AA, it turns out they only set up the car insurance and not the breakdown cover as requested.

All this on a Monday morning does not bode well for a good week!
Old Nov 19th 2012, 6:28 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madao
So, having picked it up a week ago and only driven 120km's I went to drive to work this morning and it wouldn't start!

Waiting for the dealer to return my call to get it sorted.

Also, having spoken to the AA, it turns out they only set up the car insurance and not the breakdown cover as requested.

All this on a Monday morning does not bode well for a good week!
Welcome to MG Rover ownership........
Old Nov 19th 2012, 6:31 am

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirplug
Welcome to MG Rover ownership........
Sorry, couldn't resist. Hope you get it sorted, though
Old Nov 19th 2012, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Matelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of light

My neighbour has got an MGF. Head gasket's gone twice now in quick succession, £500 a throw!
Old Dec 7th 2012, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Battery has been changed which resolved that issue. Having read some stuff online though I thought I'd get some things checked out by a garage for peace of mind. They've quoted $1250 for the work that needs doing - new radiator, clutch slave cylinder, suspension gas.

The dealer I brought from isn't picking up his phone or answering emails.

The Mrs loves the car though so will pay for the work and keep it, then peruse the dealer for costs through the motor vehicle dispute tribunal if he doesn't reply to my messages!
Old Dec 8th 2012, 12:00 am

Good luck. The moral is, buy an MX5, next time.....British cars aren't very well liked or cared for, here.....

http://www.mta.org.nz/mediationassistance