Firefly

Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Firefly

Anyone a fan, only possibly the finest, funniest, clevererest, wittiest, best made, stylish, classy TV series to ever come out of America.

And they bloody well axed it

Sorry, random statement/topic of the day!!!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:56 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Firefly

Sorry irnbru ,
not heard of this one, but i love American comedys, could do with a good one this afternoon to watch, I'll maybe have to wait until later, for King of the hill, we love that.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:59 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Anyone a fan, only possibly the finest, funniest, clevererest, wittiest, best made, stylish, classy TV series to ever come out of America.

And they bloody well axed it

Sorry, random statement/topic of the day!!!
It wasnt that good, it became very much the same episode again and again and again. Jos Weedon is way overrated

Many better sci-fi series have been cancelled, Farscape for example
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_exile
It wasnt that good, it became very much the same episode again and again and again. Jos Weedon is way overrated

Many better sci-fi series have been cancelled, Farscape for example
Bollox, I love Farscape too (got the complete box set, how cheap is that here, about $120!!!) but Firefly was on par with that and they are both pretty damned fantastic, not saying they could have sustained it over more than the handful of episodes they did, but the characterisation is spot on and the whole show is well cast...love it

Fox network messing them around didn't help of course...

Miles better than your normal run of the mill US sci-fi series
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:22 am

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Bollox, I love Farscape too (got the complete box set, how cheap is that here, about $120!!!) but Firefly was on par with that and they are both pretty damned fantastic, not saying they could have sustained it over more than the handful of episodes they did, but the characterisation is spot on and the whole show is well cast...love it

Fox network messing them around didn't help of course...

Miles better than your normal run of the mill US sci-fi series
Fox has a reputation for taking no prisoners when it comes to renewing series, rumour has Terminator - The Sarah Connor Cronicles being cancelled and that was the best rating new sc-fi of the year. Serinity was a good film but Firefly, nah cowboys in space is so overdone.

Shame that farscape didnt get to complete the story arc
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Fox has a reputation for taking no prisoners when it comes to renewing series, rumour has Terminator - The Sarah Connor Cronicles being cancelled and that was the best rating new sc-fi of the year. Serinity was a good film but Firefly, nah cowboys in space is so overdone.

Shame that farscape didnt get to complete the story arc
We'll have to disagree I fear on Firefly, FWIW I relaly didn't like Angel, so Whedon can get it wrong!!!

But I think its rare when all of a cast are actually cast right, and the characters all mesh and gel and you actually care for them, Farscape and Firefly are two series that, for me, both manage this.

Farscape did complete its arc, I assume you have seen the Peacekeeper Wars??

Last edited by irnbru14; Mar 14th 2008 at 2:39 am.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:55 am

We'll have to disagree I fear on Firefly, FWIW I relaly didn't like Angel, so Whedon can get it wrong!!!

But I think its rare when all of a cast are actually cast right, and the characters all mesh and gel and you actually care for them, Farscape and Firefly are two series that, for me, both manage this.

Farscape did complete its arc, I assume you have seen the Peacekeeper Wars??
Yeah, saw peacekeeper war but you know that there was more planned (for example you KNOW that grayzer was also carrying Johns child, had to be)

Hey I didnt like Firefly but can see why people would; one of the reasons I mentioned the new Terminator series is that Summer Glau (River) is the new terminator(es)

Last edited by ex_exile; Mar 14th 2008 at 2:58 am.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, saw peacekeeper war but you know that there was more planned (for example you KNOW that grayzer was also carrying Johns child, had to be)

Hey I didnt like Firefly but can see why people would; one of the reasons I mentioned the new Terminator series is that Summer Glau (River) is the new terminator(es)

http://blog.meevee.com/my_weblog/ima...or_poster1.jpg
Yeah, think Peacekeeper wars was a good way to tie up the series mind you

I prefered Kayleigh over River anyway, and she's now in Stargate Atlantis I believe!!?!? Though some of Summer's action stuff in Serenity is pretty damned impressive
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:01 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=irnbru14;6060701]But I think its rare when all of a cast are actually cast right, and the characters all mesh and gel and you actually care for them, Farscape and Firefly are two series that, for me, both manage this.QUOTE]

I have to wade in on this one
I watch very little TV (less than 15 minutes per week usually) - when the girl is away, it doesn't get switched on again until she comes back. In fact, I don't even know how to switch it on , cos I never switch it on....
But I really liked Firefly and would actually sit and watch it all the way through - I usually get bored and wander of to do something more interesting than watch TV: like the ironing
Firefly gets my vote
{also liked Green Wing and Boston Legal for what it's worth.......}