Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Finding a justice of the peace in Auckland

Finding a justice of the peace in Auckland

Old Jan 19th 2013, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

bigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nice
Default Finding a justice of the peace in Auckland

$Greetings All,

I'm just about to begin the process of applying for my NZ citizenship.

I don't have any concerns about being accepted - I've been a permanent resident for 5 years - and I tick all the right boxes.

I've read the guide to applying and the only thing I have a concern about is finding a justice of the peace, to co-sign my application and my photos.

Does anybody know about how to track a JOP down? The guide says that I can approach my MP, but (even though I've voted for him twice) I figure he's got better things to do than to do things like this.

Has anybody else encountered this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 12:16 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding a justice of the peace in Auckland

Originally Posted by bigjohnny7
$Greetings All,

I don't have any concerns about being accepted - I've been a permanent resident for 5 years - and I tick all the right boxes.

I've read the guide to applying and the only thing I have a concern about is finding a justice of the peace, to co-sign my application and my photos.

Does anybody know about how to track a JOP down? The guide says that I can approach my MP, but (even though I've voted for him twice) I figure he's got better things to do than to do things like this.

Thanks in advance.
Hello there, as J of P means different things in different countries, I thought I'd have a look at google and found this.

http://www.jpauckland.org.nz/howto.html

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

bigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nice

Great stuff thanks.

When I'm walking the dog around the neighbourhood, there's a letter box outside a house with Justice Of The Peace marked on it, so he's probably one of these guys.

That makes it a bit easier than annoying my MP.

Thanks for the help.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 12:56 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

If you google justice of the peace in your area it will give you a list of phone numbers and addresses
Old Jan 19th 2013, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute

$Greetings All,

Thanks in advance.
They are everywhere - they come into Citizen's Advice Bureau, Libraries, and permanently reside at District Courts such as the one in the CBD. Just look at library websites for example, or just get yourself down to the District Court (on Albert Street). Normally free.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff thanks.

When I'm walking the dog around the neighbourhood, there's a letter box outside a house with Justice Of The Peace marked on it, so he's probably one of these guys.

That makes it a bit easier than annoying my MP.

Thanks for the help.
Your MP will tell you to take a running jump...
Old Jan 20th 2013, 2:01 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't have to be a JP. Ring around your local solicitors. Ours did it for free.

Last edited by Tan0410; Jan 20th 2013 at 2:05 am.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 2:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a mate in Orewa who's a solicitor, she did ours for free. Whereabouts are you?
Best to make an appointment with the solicitor to do it, as they get a bit pissed off if you just turn up & expect them to do it. They may charge you a nominal fee then!
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 5:19 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

$Greetings All,

Thanks in advance.
They are in the phone book and its a free service they have to do ( just ask nicely )