Finding a Job

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:11 am
Just Joined

snchilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Finding a Job

Hi there
New today and want to move to NZ. Can anybody give me some advice or pointers. I am a Toolmaker currently living in Bristol. I qualified back in 1987 and have done a number of general engineering jobs along the way including the full array of welding, but I don't even know where to start.
Thanks
Simon
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 8:27 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Finding a Job

Hi Simon,

First have a look at the following link so you can acquaint yourself with the basic steps at securing permanent residency - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...nd_Immigration.

Good luck.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:39 am
It might take a while!

Marjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to all
Default Re: Finding a Job

Originally Posted by snchilly
Hi there
New today and want to move to NZ. Can anybody give me some advice or pointers. I am a Toolmaker currently living in Bristol. I qualified back in 1987 and have done a number of general engineering jobs along the way including the full array of welding, but I don't even know where to start.
Thanks
Simon
Hello Simon

The other place to have a look at is the NZ Immigration website. www.immigration.govt.nz/ .Go to the Expression if Interest section and register. It doesn't cost anything and you can keep altering things until you are happy with it. It will keep you up to date with your points score etc. I have applied under the Skilled Migrant route, and Toolmaking, welding etc is on the skilled shortage list and if you can prove through quals and experience you should score enough points. The online questions area is quite good, if not a bit slow and if you can get a good ph one tariff it is worth ringing NZIS directly (they are really nice and very helpful) 0064 9 914 4100, option 6.
I'll leave you with that for the moment, but keep posting your questions on here, someone will answer you. One last thing, don't bother ringing an immigration agency, everybody on here will tell you the same thing!

Good luck

Martin