Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Financial help available for house insulation costs in ChCh

Financial help available for house insulation costs in ChCh

Old Feb 28th 2007, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

westiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to all
Default Financial help available for house insulation costs in ChCh

Hi. We have just had a really helpful guy round from the clean heat project www.cleanheat.org.nz

If you have an old fuel burner that you want to replace, they will give you a subsidy on roof and floor insulation, heater removal and replacement with another type of heating.
We've had a quote for all of the above and replacement of our woodburner with a heat pump, & they are giving us a subsidy of $1261.00 off the total price.

Good eh !
Old Feb 28th 2007, 2:16 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial help available for house insulation costs in ChCh

Originally Posted by westiepom
Hi. We have just had a really helpful guy round from the clean heat project www.cleanheat.org.nz

If you have an old fuel burner that you want to replace, they will give you a subsidy on roof and floor insulation, heater removal and replacement with another type of heating.
We've had a quote for all of the above and replacement of our woodburner with a heat pump, & they are giving us a subsidy of $1261.00 off the total price.

Good eh !
Nice! Just had all the house insulated and a discount like that would have been great!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:04 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by westiepom

Good eh !
Extremely good, we saved loads too.
Note that it only works if you currently have a logburner or open fire that is soon to be outlawed, the purpose of the subsidy is to encourage people to upgrade the heating to low emmisions heating.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:47 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

We have just bought a house that has one night storage heater in the hall (old rotten thing) and an open fire, which the real estate lady said we cant use as heating...clean air thing. So we are hoping that because we want to install a couple of heatpumps in the house we may be eligible for the financial help. I went on your online thing and registered so I shall wait and see...
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

westiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to all

They are really helpful Sue, I'm sure you'll have no problems....... definately worth looking into. Just imagine - warm and snug by the winter !
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:47 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

explain heat pumps to me....
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:44 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sniffydog
explain heat pumps to me....
Does this help?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_pump
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:13 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley

In English please, not "bloke talk"
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
In English please, not "bloke talk"
Errrm as I understand it... not that I have one....
A heat pump is an electrically driven air conditioner that is mounted on an outside wall. You have a remote control, and you can dial up the temp that you want, and it pumps air of this temp through the house. Here is a more user friendly explanation: http://www.consumer.org.nz/topic.asp...nttype=general

Advantages: instant warmth/cooling, no pollution, no woodchopping...
Disadvantages: it is expensive to run (high power bills), if there is a power cut/restrictions you don't have alternative heating.

Also worth looking at is a DVS system (domestic ventilation system), which pumps the warm air trapped in the ceiling cavity down around the house and keeps the house drier. There is a link to this on the link above.

Last edited by Apple12; Mar 1st 2007 at 8:35 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:31 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apple12
Errrm as I understand it... not that I have one....
A heat pump is an electrically driven air conditioner that is mounted on an outside wall. You have a remote control, and you can dial up the temp that you want, and it pumps air of this temp through the house.

Advantages: instant warmth/cooling, no pollution, no woodchopping...
Disadvantages: it is expensive to run (high power bills), if there is a power cut/restrictions you don't have alternative heating.

Also worth looking at is a DVS system, which pumps the warm air trapped in the ceiling cavity down around the house and keeps the house drier.

Now I understand

Think I agree with you about the DVS system, lots of wasted energy there.

We're hoping one day to build our own so quite keen to hear people's opinions on the pro's & cons for every available system

Just to scare the cr*p out of you all, we got our combined gas & electricity bill for November - February today. £436.
Nearly sh*t myself when I opened it. I ran outside to double check the meter readings.

Our bill has increased by £136 for the same time last year. We didn't even have Xmas lights outside for the first time this year, so I hate to think what it could've been
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Just to scare the cr*p out of you all, we got our combined gas & electricity bill for November - February today. £436.

My last combined gas and electric bill was £496 ... I'm in a 3 bed mid terraced !!!!!! This was for November - February too