Financial Advice

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

AntCatKids has a spectacular aura aboutAntCatKids has a spectacular aura aboutAntCatKids has a spectacular aura about
Default Financial Advice

Hi, first post, so treat me gently.

Has anyone sought advice about the status of Child Trust Funds or any other savings based in the UK when you head to NZ? We have a couple of CTF's plus a child endowment policy.

Do they get frozen? Do you keep paying them and keep schtum? Do you lose them?

Did anyone get financial advice before they left the UK for NZ?

In general is it best to maintain a UK bank account? Do you get grassed up to the UK financial authorities when you emigrate?

So many questions......answers to any gratefully received.

Cheers
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

SidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really nice
Default Re: Financial Advice

Hi there,

Can't help on the CTF's and child endowment policy.

When we left we kept our UK internet bank account open and left some money in which has been very useful. I wrote to the bank and advised them that we were leaving the Country and that we wanted to maintain our account.

I told the tax man that I was leaving so that I could claim tax rebate which was paid straight into our UK bank.

Sid
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial Advice

Originally Posted by AntCatKids
Hi, first post, so treat me gently.

Has anyone sought advice about the status of Child Trust Funds or any other savings based in the UK when you head to NZ? We have a couple of CTF's plus a child endowment policy.

Do they get frozen? Do you keep paying them and keep schtum? Do you lose them?

Did anyone get financial advice before they left the UK for NZ?

In general is it best to maintain a UK bank account? Do you get grassed up to the UK financial authorities when you emigrate?

So many questions......answers to any gratefully received.

Cheers
We continue to pay endowment policies for our daughters, from our UK cheque account.

Gill