British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Finally coming home (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/finally-coming-home-638405/)

Vamps Oct 31st 2009 5:51 pm

Finally coming home

Ex New Zealander (Auckland) having lived in the uk for 30 years is coming home. Where did the time fly to? :ohmy:

Am arriving on December 12th with my 16 yo son and my pregnant 22 yo daughter. We will be staying with my brother and his wife in Tauranga to start with then hope to get our own place.

I guess my situation is slightly different in that both me and the kids (citizenship by descent) have NZ passports so don't have to go through the immigration route.

Wont be bringing much either as we want a completely new start - just me the kids, the bump, a few suitcases and some small personal stuff that I don't want to leave behind.

Really looking forward to steping back on home soil. Was in NZ 2 years ago for a family trip and it felt like home then so I know the time is right to come home. The kids are looking forward to going to a new country for them also.

So just thought I say hello. I've been out of the loop for a while now so please bear with me if I ask questions.

Cheers
:)

MnB Oct 31st 2009 6:16 pm

Re: Finally coming home

Originally Posted by Vamps (Post 8060334)
Ex New Zealander (Auckland) having lived in the uk for 30 years is coming home. Where did the time fly to? :ohmy:

Am arriving on December 12th with my 16 yo son and my pregnant 22 yo daughter. We will be staying with my brother and his wife in Tauranga to start with then hope to get our own place.

I guess my situation is slightly different in that both me and the kids (citizenship by descent) have NZ passports so don't have to go through the immigration route.

Wont be bringing much either as we want a completely new start - just me the kids, the bump, a few suitcases and some small personal stuff that I don't want to leave behind.

Really looking forward to steping back on home soil. Was in NZ 2 years ago for a family trip and it felt like home then so I know the time is right to come home. The kids are looking forward to going to a new country for them also.

So just thought I say hello. I've been out of the loop for a while now so please bear with me if I ask questions.

Cheers
:)

Hi Vamps & welcome!!
My OH was born in NZ, his parents were £10 poms and brought him back to UK when he was 2, he's lived here ever since!! (50+ yrs)We visited NZ twice in the last 5 yrs and both times he said 'I've come home' both journeys back to UK were hard and like you we now feel the timing for a more permenant move is right, so we arrive in NZ 1st Feb to give it a go! Also, like you we are only taking suitcases and poss shipping a few boxes....new start!!
We will probably end up in Tauranga area too but at the moment nothing fixed.

Ask away on here, its a very friendly forum!!
Good luck with you plans :fingerscrossed:
See you in NZ!
B x

willand tina_h Nov 2nd 2009 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 8060370)
Hi Vamps & welcome!!
My OH was born in NZ, his parents were £10 poms and brought him back to UK when he was 2, he's lived here ever since!! (50+ yrs)We visited NZ twice in the last 5 yrs and both times he said 'I've come home' both journeys back to UK were hard and like you we now feel the timing for a more permenant move is right, so we arrive in NZ 1st Feb to give it a go! Also, like you we are only taking suitcases and poss shipping a few boxes....new start!!
We will probably end up in Tauranga area too but at the moment nothing fixed.

See you in NZ!
B x

Hi and welcome. Wow, wat a change you guys are having, good on you. :thumbup: We have a job in tauranga also to hoping to fly out in jan 2010, never been there though, :eek: so if you can help out with anything as little as it is would be a great help, good luck and hope to see you there some day soon.

Tina. x

BEVS Nov 2nd 2009 7:59 pm

Hi there and welcome to this little NZ forum.

30 years is but a flash in the pan when you look back eh?

Happy Posting and hope your planned move to return to the land of your birth goes smoothly for you.

Dewb09 Nov 3rd 2009 7:17 pm

Hi to you & welcome :thumbsup:

Good luck with your trip home & congrats on being a grandma-to-be

Dewb

Kija Nov 3rd 2009 7:29 pm

Hello! Welcome to BE! Wishing you the best on your trip home :)

Mudplug Nov 4th 2009 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 8060370)
Hi Vamps & welcome!!

See you in NZ!
B x

Needed to add this, I have a very good friend until recently lived in the same village as me, we supported each other through our visa process and on the 29 August she left the uk for a new life in oz, I miss her terribly but we keep in regular contact, but today she said something in an email that I thought was worth share'n, she stated that 'thanks to the get togethers organised by the forums she has made some really good friend both expats and ozzys' this has helped loads with the settling in of both the adults and the children.

HHBoP Nov 8th 2009 6:53 pm

Hi Vamp

love the tag - fancy meeting u here!! Good ain't it :D Nag needed??