Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Finally Arrived in New Plymouth/Thanks to British Expats

Finally Arrived in New Plymouth/Thanks to British Expats

Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:33 am
Just Joined

Jill and Rob Stanton will become famous soon enoughJill and Rob Stanton will become famous soon enough
Default Finally Arrived in New Plymouth/Thanks to British Expats

Hi All

After a lot of ups and downs, with our visa's we have finally arrived in New Plymouth. We have been here for 3 weeks now.

We were met at the airport by Laura, from the forum, which was a real surprise and then Robs new boss turned up as well.

We had a busy first week getting our accounts activated, finding a rental property, buying a car, and some basic furniture til our container arrives (23rd March). Rob started work the following Monday and I was home alone enjoying the sunshine, and being the dutiful house wife with tea on the table for when the bread winner got home........needless to say this hasnt lasted long,

I have also met up with Caz, Debs, Laura and Sam, all from the UK, and all met via this forum.

This forum is really a great way to make friends, and makes the transition easier, with lots of helpful and honest advice.

Gizmo our 12yr old cat finally made his journey, after being away from us since November, due to several holdups due to our medicals. He was rather subdued when we picked him up at the airport, but has now found his voice and is already wanting to go out.........though not until he has got used to being back with us and the new house.

I cant thank Airpets enough, for their expertise, kindness, and helpfulness, they have truly been very supportive to me, during a very stressful time and with me missing 'my little boy'.

Looking for a job at the moment, though there doesnt seem to be an awful lot of administration positions available at the moment, but I am trying.

Jill and Rob
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally Arrived in New Plymouth/Thanks to British Expats

Glad you arrived safely and the move seems to be going well.Good luck with the job search and your new life in NP

Phyl x
Old Feb 12th 2009, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally Arrived in New Plymouth/Thanks to British Expats

Glad everything going well,now all you have to do is drive to Inglwood cos i aint meeting you for coffee in woolworths