Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The final piece of the puzzle

The final piece of the puzzle

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:12 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute
Default The final piece of the puzzle

Well we have been here in NZ and Dunedin for well over 4 years and now we have just filled in out applications for Citizenship, cost for adult is $460 and child is $290 and you still have to buy passports oh well its the last piece of the puzzle for us, and as our UK ones are running out , its a good time to get Kiwi ones, they recon it should take a few weeks or a few months.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:14 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The final piece of the puzzle

Originally Posted by Fooferfish
Well we have been here in NZ and Dunedin for well over 4 years and now we have just filled in out applications for Citizenship, cost for adult is $460 and child is $290 and you still have to buy passports oh well its the last piece of the puzzle for us, and as our UK ones are running out , its a good time to get Kiwi ones, they recon it should take a few weeks or a few months.
Crikey! Well worth it though. Congratulations! I can't wait to be in the same boat! Make sure you take lots of pics for your ceremony.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:16 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

You would have thought it would be cheaper !!! and then on top of that you got passports and they are around $400 each arrgghh, oh well you only live once and we get dual nationality, and the best passports in the world
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

You would have thought it would be cheaper !!! and then on top of that you got passports and they are around $400 each arrgghh, oh well you only live once and we get dual nationality, and the best passports in the world

Just Wonderful Fooferfish!!!
Hope you enjoy ur dual nationality -Good Luck to you!!!!!(have it on me in celebration!!)

Berni
xx
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 7:20 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

just a bit pricey then!

congrats anyway

Dewb
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

How long do the $400 passports last? Are the childrens passports the same? 'price and validity'

just curious x
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:13 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We gained our citizenship lastMarch but we haven't yet sent in for our NZ passports.
According to the forms the standard cost for an NZ passport is $150 each for an adult and $80 for a child. The passports last 5 years.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:46 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I'd keep up the UK Passports. Not too many people can have dual nationality, and it'll give you the right of unlimited access to live and work in the EU and Oz and Nz..which might be a big advantage later on... especially for your children ..
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BEVS
We gained our citizenship lastMarch but we haven't yet sent in for our NZ passports.
According to the forms the standard cost for an NZ passport is $150 each for an adult and $80 for a child. The passports last 5 years.
See i thought they were $400 EACH
Never was right bright
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 8:09 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Sorry must have added them together lol , it'll all be worth it in the end, might renew the British ones as well.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

NaoR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, sorry to jump into your thread! I hope its ok. I have recently moved to dunedin, i.e 2 days ago and have a three year old who is very keen to find places to meet new friends! I am hoping that this might be the way to find out? I would really appreciate any suggestions!
thanks
n.
ps congrats on passports!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 10:07 pm
`

Originally Posted by NaoR
Hi there, sorry to jump into your thread! I hope its ok. I have recently moved to dunedin, i.e 2 days ago and have a three year old who is very keen to find places to meet new friends! I am hoping that this might be the way to find out? I would really appreciate any suggestions!
thanks
n.
Hi there.

You may do better to start a new thread as there are a few people on this board who live in Dunedin.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 10:07 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NaoR
thanks
n.
Hi NaoR,

I would suggest you start a thread in the Introductions sub-forum and perhaps a Meet Up's one in the (funnily enough ... ) Meet Up's sub-forum!

Welcome along to BE and happy posting.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:52 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Hi NaoR - have sent a pm.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:36 am
`

Originally Posted by southerner
Hi NaoR - have sent a pm.
Very kind but they can only read it via the registration email addy or perhaps not at all.

How's about starting Dunners is Blummin' Great thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.