Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

'Fess up . Who has relit their fires this evening.

'Fess up . Who has relit their fires this evening.

Old Apr 17th 2014, 10:41 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: 'Fess up . Who has relit their fires this evening.

Toasty.

We lit the fire .
Opened and closed doors, started fan, to help with the house warming in general but are not chilled.

Result.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Teetering on the brink of a crisis here.

1. I admit I am powerless and our lives are becoming unmanageable.
2. I have come to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
4. Lit some candles and said a few choice words.
5. Taken the concrete pill, put on some socks and a pink fluffy jumper
6. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our weakness.
7. We are entirely ready to admit these defects of character.
8. Humbly asking forgiveness and for our shortcomings to be removed
9. We have made a list of all persons we may have harmed and became willing to make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so may injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory of where we went wrong and promptly admitted it.
11. Have made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of the duvet for remainder of today.
12. Sought through prayer and meditation the strength to carry on without the heat pump until tomorrow.

Please give us strength!
Old Apr 26th 2016, 6:13 am
`

Cannot find a 2015 thread.

Right then. 'Fess up.

Who has lit their log burner for a quick blast around around the parts that need a bit more than a hotty.
Who has twiddled the knobs of their heat pump(s) even just a little to take the edge off.

Me? Nah!
Old Apr 26th 2016, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, still putting a brave face on it. I am still at stage 4 and 5 Candles and Concrete Pill and Fluffy Socks.

Last week I dared venture for the first time into a Peter Alexander shop and almost succumbed to parting with $79.99 for a quilted Pyjama Top. Almost that was, until I came to my senses and decided that was just madness and that I should take a look in Kmart to see if they had anything similar.

Oh man, I never saw so much flannelette and fleecy dresses (yes you read that right dresses - rather fetching tunic style dresses with hoods on ladies) and stuff under one roof - I left there with flannelette jammies, fleecy 'loungewear' top and two pairs of fluffy pink house socks all for $44 I am still contemplating whether I should go back for one of the dresses.

Sunday was such a dark, miserable horrible rainy day I decided to have slobby PJ day and wore my new loungewear and watched TV all day long.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Bunch of wimps - it is 20 deg (day) and 12 deg (night) in Kerikeri, still wandering around in polo and shorts (and using the summer duvet at night). I reckon we will get though the Winter with no heating - especilly as we are off to uk in May :-)
Old Apr 26th 2016, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

Fires, heat pumps - all banned in this household.

There's a dressing gown and a sleeping bag that can increase warmth during the cold nights. That's how they lived in 1962 here so let's recreate the 60s again, yay!!!

Apologies to contact energy and their shareholders that there'll be no $700 monthly bills this year due to following the NZ energy wise advertisement about heating.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:14 am
`

Originally Posted by Tom H
Fires, heat pumps - all banned in this household.

There's a dressing gown and a sleeping bag that can increase warmth during the cold nights. That's how they lived in 1962 .
Erm.. Mr TomH. I think you may mean 1963.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Yup !!

Had our pellet on several times over the past 2 weeks, but often just for an hour.
Electric blanket on the bed and doing a fine job.

Next step, thick blanket over autumn quilt followed by winter quilt.
Got to do this winter thingy in stages so that I feel the benefit as the weather gets colder.

Gill :-)
Old Apr 26th 2016, 9:06 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

nope not yet, but was supposed to put the kids new panel heaters up in their bedrooms this weekend and purchase one for ours. Oh well maybe next weekend we will get round to that.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 9:13 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 'Fess up . Who has relit their fires this evening.

Originally Posted by Tom H
That's how they lived in 1962 here so let's recreate the 60s again, yay!!!
Turning on the lava lamps to warm up, warming some brandy, warming up a valve set...pretty much everything required time to warm up. All powered by safe, clean nuclear energy as well.

What a time to be alive.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing yet.
Definitely cooler in the morning but still warm enough for t shirt and shorts pj's. Had the doors open most of the day to get some air flow thru the house and even flicked the air con on later this afternoon. Been pretty warm today.
9.15 pm now and a lovely temperature sat watching the telly box.
No heating or electric blankies in sight yet :-)
Old Apr 26th 2016, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Okay if we must confess to all sins of the heating kind, I have had a secret blast of the heat lamp in the bathroom and have been found lingering slightly longer than absolutely necessary with the hairdryer.

I also did switch on the dehumidifier last night.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

It snowed last night at Shrivenham (Oxon) - my wife wants to come home :-)
Old Apr 27th 2016, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kotare
It snowed last night at Shrivenham (Oxon) - my wife wants to come home :-)
It's snowing here today too and is struggling to make +5 degrees; we're still experiencing hard frosts every night. I've lit the woodburner and opened all the internal doors for some heat to flow round. Only 8 weeks to summer solstice
Old Apr 27th 2016, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kotare
Bunch of wimps - it is 20 deg (day) and 12 deg (night) in Kerikeri, still wandering around in polo and shorts (and using the summer duvet at night). I reckon we will get though the Winter with no heating - especially as we are off to uk in May :-)
Yeah, right.

I note further down you have realised that all May not be well with the weather over here.

Watching the radar as the rain turns back to sleet and hail.

Kerikeri, you say?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.