Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

'Fess up . Who has relit their fires this evening.

'Fess up . Who has relit their fires this evening.

Old May 11th 2017, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Fess up . Who has relit their fires this evening.

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Depends where you are in Scotland but 16 in Scotland can feel like 25 elsewhere. A lot of people I know always said the Pacific/Auckland feeled colder than mentioned temps but we're all different. Shorts and rain jacket is always fine.
When I lived in Scotland, 16°C never felt like 25°C! However it was a rare treat to get a 16°C day so it was well appreciated!
Old May 11th 2017, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Shirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to all

Glasgow. Its generally always miserable. I think shorts and t shirt then as I will be picking up a car at the airport. Does anyone know if its easy to drive in NZ compared to the Uk?
Old May 11th 2017, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Shirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Woodlea
When I lived in Scotland, 16°C never felt like 25°C! However it was a rare treat to get a 16°C day so it was well appreciated!
We have had a fortnight average of 16 degrees recently. This will be our summer until next year. It doesn't go past 19 often in the summer in Glasgow.
Old May 12th 2017, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Don't know but always felt that the UK/Ireland have lower temps on paper but when the sun's out it's a lot warmer than they say. Remember being in Edinburgh and travelled in from Munich. In Munich it was sunny 18 and felt freezing and in Edinburgh it was 16 and a scorcher.

Regardless of that, I wouldn't go by temps from met office. If you feel it's nice, then just go for it. People are often so focused on reported temps that they forget to live. It's been max 20 here and some days around 16-18 but I haven't spent one evening inside since mid April.
Old May 12th 2017, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone is different and you need to be prepared for a bit of everything when it come to NZ weather; it's not unusual to see folks out in vests, shorts and jandals whilst others will be rugged up in boots, puffa jackets and beanies on the same day in the same town. There really can be four seasons in one day and can change within minutes.

Just now the days can be surprisingly warm once the sun wakes up mid-morning but gets cold pretty quickly later in the afternoon when the sun has gone and it's pretty chilly by about 6pm.
Old May 13th 2017, 9:29 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yesterday was a bright sunny day so a toasty day if sheltered from the breeze.

The minute the sun goes down then it's cold. MrBEVS is a woosie and lit the log burner which boiled me out in about 30 minutes flat. There again I was suitably rugged up and he was walking around as though the sun was still out. Mind you a part of that was that he was going for a shower and didn't fancy the ice run from shower to bedroom.
Old May 14th 2017, 1:24 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

just come back from a Eurovision party, yes we are that sad but breakfast and bucks fizz cannot be turned down, any way they have a log fire and it was lovely and toastie but you can't turn it down
Old May 14th 2017, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

I gave in last night. Mmm warm and toasty fire!
Old May 14th 2017, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirrom
I arrive in Auckland on Monday at 9.30 am. It says on the forecast it will be dry with temperature of 16. That is like our summer here in Scotland.

Would shorts and a t shirt be appropriate or does the wind make it feel colder?
Late autumn so fleece readily to hand. Last Winter we didn't need any house heating, but the wife is already talking about a winter duvet so perhaps she has acclimatized
Old May 15th 2017, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS
Mind you a part of that was that he was going for a shower and didn't fancy the ice run from shower to bedroom.
Too much information!...

Last edited by LoCarb; May 15th 2017 at 4:37 am.
Old May 15th 2017, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

First time in Auckland today! It was only 14 degrees but felt warmer. I was surprised at their being some humidity.

Pity ive spent my day in bed jet lagged!
Old May 15th 2017, 11:56 pm
`

Originally Posted by LoCarb
Too much information!...
I think my hairy arsed plumber should toughen up .
Mind you if I could find a sparky to actually come and fit the new heat light in the shower room, it may save me from this sight for sore eyes.
Old May 20th 2017, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Celticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to all

Well, it's nice and cold here today! last week of Autumn has brought a taste of winter!
Old May 20th 2017, 6:11 am
`

Yup.

FFfff-freezing.

We lit the log burner and banked it up big time.

Attachment 127772
Old May 21st 2017, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

desmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nice

Had the logburner going in Auckland last night. How do you 'bank' it up so she can keep going all through the night?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.