Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

'Fess up . Who has relit their fires this evening.

'Fess up . Who has relit their fires this evening.

Old Sep 26th 2016, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Fess up . Who has relit their fires this evening.

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Eh?

http://resources.ccc.govt.nz/files/c...ionnetwork.pdf

A lot of the new subdivisions have reticulated gas, Faringdon in Rolleston and Pegasus in Woodend for example.
Yes, but even though it comes through a pipe it is LPG via an LPG reticulation scheme. There's also similar in Dunedin, Wanaka, Arrowtown and Queenstown, however as I said it is not Natural gas. That is only available on the North Island as that is the only place where there is an offshore well and several small onshore wells.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
Yes, but even though it comes through a pipe it is LPG via an LPG reticulation scheme. There's also similar in Dunedin, Wanaka, Arrowtown and Queenstown, however as I said it is not Natural gas. That is only available on the North Island as that is the only place where there is an offshore well and several small onshore wells.
It doesn't have to be "Natural" gas to be mains, if it is reticulated to your house it is mains. Like it was when it was made at the gas works. It's disingenuous to state there are no mains gas in the SI when there clearly is.
Old Apr 5th 2017, 12:31 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Fess Up 2017 has begun.

Not me you understand, although I have donned 3 layers, me socksies and furry slippers & am typing away with slightly numbed finger tips as my windows and ranch sliders are resolutely open.

Tiz my Kiwi neighbours in their new house built a couple of years back on a small development that backs onto the bottom of our garden . The house with the double glazing and all mod pink batts in his walls.

He lit his fire yesterday and it is still on the go this morning.

Woosies. They want to 'toughen up'.
Old Apr 5th 2017, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey you better send them some concrete pills.

Despite needing a snorkel, galoshes and a sou'wester to move about outside it's too warm to wear anything more than is absolutely necessary for decency sake. We've still got the got the sticky humidity and needing to have a fan on to sleep at night. It was 23c outside at 8am when I went to work today, so definitely no thoughts of needing any heating just yet.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly I spoke too soon, here we are two days later and the temperature has dropped almost ten degrees. It's feeling very Autumnal and I noticed most people had piled on some extra layers today.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Must have been a tad cooler overnight last night as I slept with a thin duvet layer over me most of the night and surprised walking out of the garage at 4.45am this morning to a temp of 10 degrees. Not seen the mercury down that low since last year.
I think Autumn has arrived.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 6:05 am
`

Mwahaha.

We still haven't lit ours.

Feeling a right tough boots.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yis there's a distinct smell of log burner on the air. Certainly feeling a bit chilly for the past few nights and I've smelled the tell-tale whiff of smoke around by us already. I'm hoping the concrete pills and candles will suffice for us until the weekend and then I am definitely getting the duvet out.

I notionally target the end of April as being our benchmark but doubt we'll last that long - life's too short and I'm not feeling inclined to tough it out.

We were well into May before we caved into heating last year but that was only due to some freakish high which brought us the warmest May since record began.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

desmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nice

I thought it was a lot cooler than last year lol. Was on the verge of putting the heatpump on in Auckland last night... Needed to get a blanket in the middle of the night - depressing!
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 9:00 pm
`

Log burner still not yet lit but I did need a blankie on top of the duvet last night.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Celticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to all

It is getting chilly at nights, but the daytime is still warm.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Still haven't fired our logburner up either.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The duvet is back on and I have to confess in brief moment of weakness I succumbed to a cheeky wee toot of the car heater on my way home tonight.

I feel we're very much on the brink and given the early morning temperatures this week, we're facing an extreme risk of taking this to another level very soon.

Kia Kaha everyone, keep strong!!
Old May 1st 2017, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well we made it at least until May but methinks tonight's definitely the night.

Better arm yourselves with all the flannelette and concrete pills you can muster.
Old May 1st 2017, 3:28 am
`

Yup.
The snow is back on The Ranges . I've brought in the log baskets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.