Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

'Fess up . Who has relit their fires this evening.

'Fess up . Who has relit their fires this evening.

Old Apr 16th 2014, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Fess up . Who has relit their fires this evening.

The firewood did arrive today though. The delivery bloke did an excellent job of wodging it onto the patch of earth to the side of the driveway. Meant I didn't for once have to dash out and barrow it all away instantly - but can do at my leisure. I rather unnecessarily put a large tarpaulin over it all (i mean, it's only wood), but there you go.

Hilariously, the neighbour popped round to tell me that somewhere amongst it there is a cellphone. Seems today was a special 'cellphone with every delivery day' lol.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Christmas2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to countdown today and felt very under dressed in shorts and t.shirt, everyone had coats and boots on! What's that all about? It was 20 degrees!
Old Apr 16th 2014, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it was about 28 degrees a few days ago, so the temperature has dropped. And there was this weird water falling from the sky at some point.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 9:02 am
Just Joined

It's only 14 in the uk and they are all putting their shorts on and talking about having bbq's and going to the beer garden! Ha!
Old Apr 16th 2014, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Christmas2014
It's only 14 in the uk and they are all putting their shorts on and talking about having bbq's and going to the beer garden! Ha!
Sounds alright to me. In fact, i quite miss that.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Yes sounds nice but in reality the beer garden is usually full of drunks who over do it drinking in the afternoon and poor kids waiting for their parents to take them home and it's freezing but everyone pretends it's not!
Old Apr 16th 2014, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

It's almost ten degrees where I live today and we've had 48hrs without any rain, totally shocking, although the usual biting wind is here.

I went out this morning to do some gardening and only had to wear knee length thermal socks, winter weight trousers, a thermal polo top, sweatshirt, fleece lined wind proof coat and thermal bunnet. It's definitely Spring as the thermal longjohns that I wear under this lot in winter were left in the drawer

You could definitely tell we were foreigners in some parts of NZ as we were in t-shirts and commenting how warm it was when everyone else was in jumpers.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yes sounds nice but in reality the beer garden is usually full of drunks who over do it drinking in the afternoon and poor kids waiting for their parents to take them home and it's freezing but everyone pretends it's not!
Eh? I thought you were in Auckland .

Easy answer on the beer garden issue. Find another.

Nice glass of crisp cider or half a lager with a ploughmans tea. Somewhere in the New Forest or over The Purbecks ,as the long twilight falls. After a late afternoon walk. Loverley.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:04 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Eh? I thought you were in Auckland .

Easy answer on the beer garden issue. Find another.

Nice glass of crisp cider or half a lager with a ploughmans tea. Somewhere in the New Forest or over The Purbecks ,as the long twilight falls. After a late afternoon walk. Loverley.
If it's the New Forest Bev's then leave the dog at home
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-25820926
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice

Never mind the evening, I'll be putting it on during the day soon here in Rotorua.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 12:17 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Stormer999
If it's the New Forest Bev's then leave the dog at home
We don't own a dog Stormer & if we did , we would do as suggested and be vigilant. Just as we do with our birds and animals here.

Here you go though, as it's you.

A tit for tat thought or two.

We didn't light the fire the last two evenings but I think it may be on the cards for later. I have now brought back in the wood baskets.
We are a good couple of weeks early on last year so I 'fess up to us being woosies .

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 17th 2014 at 12:18 am. Reason: Numb fingers typing.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 2:19 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
We don't own a dog Stormer & if we did , we would do as suggested and be vigilant. Just as we do with our birds and animals here.

Here you go though, as it's you.

A tit for tat thought or two.

We didn't light the fire the last two evenings but I think it may be on the cards for later. I have now brought back in the wood baskets.
We are a good couple of weeks early on last year so I 'fess up to us being woosies .
Ha ha I don't have a dog either...cat people, suppose Boe is a cat we just don't tell him! Spent a wee while in the backwaters PRC and became very familiar with more than one dog
Old Apr 17th 2014, 2:24 am

To day it is cold in Chch we can't have a fire in the winter only during the summer we can't burn coal so it took me quite a while to get rid of one large coal bunker full of the stuff.....nearest we can go is the BBQ...no outside
It's 12C outside but I am afraid I have now acclimatized and gone soft....still in shorts though
Old Apr 17th 2014, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, looking forward to a long warm Berliner summer. To be able to sit outside at midnight with friends, looking at the stars without being cold

No rain in Berlin for weeks. Lots of sunshine, though it has been cold this week but nice 20 degrees in the forecast for this long weekend when we are going to the Czech Republic for a visit....different culture, different food; only 150 Euro for tickets and hotel for 2. I must be back in Europe
Old Apr 17th 2014, 8:12 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Well our house is so cold, we don't need to put the beers in the fridge anymore.

Oh and here comes the illnesses, yay!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.