Feeling down

Old Aug 21st 2008, 9:51 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Feeling down

Have been here just over one year, and after suffering from no homesickness or anything, I am feeling it now, well angry more than, its my daughters 15th Birthday today and only got a card from my mum, none from my brothers, nieces not even a phone call, and i don't hear from them as much, seems I'm out of sight out of mind:curse:

and to top all yesterday my youngest daughter came home saying her teacher tells her to put her "white ears on" when she is not listening wtf does that mean???? :curse:, yes and btw I rang her and had a go at her about it!!!.. and my daughter has told me that she moved up a class in maths and the old maths teacher, said to the class "isn't it nice without Jadene in the class"???... not really encouraging bullying is it?? well we have a parents evening next week and will certainly bring this up, luckily she is going to High school next year and it has a excellent record....anyway I'm just feeling upset, angry and feeling like a immigrant at the moment.......:curse:
Old Aug 21st 2008, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feeling down

Originally Posted by love30stm
Have been here just over one year, and after suffering from no homesickness or anything, I am feeling it now, well angry more than, its my daughters 15th Birthday today and only got a card from my mum, none from my brothers, nieces not even a phone call, and i don't hear from them as much, seems I'm out of sight out of mind:curse:

and to top all yesterday my youngest daughter came home saying her teacher tells her to put her "white ears on" when she is not listening wtf does that mean???? :curse:, yes and btw I rang her and had a go at her about it!!!.. and my daughter has told me that she moved up a class in maths and the old maths teacher, said to the class "isn't it nice without Jadene in the class"???... not really encouraging bullying is it?? well we have a parents evening next week and will certainly bring this up, luckily she is going to High school next year and it has a excellent record....anyway I'm just feeling upset, angry and feeling like a immigrant at the moment.......:curse:
Poor you. That was an awful thing for the teachers to say. I would definitely bring this to the attention of the Principal. As for the no birthday card stuff - you are not alone, I hear of lots of people with kids whose old rellies don't send anything. I think it may be because they are jealous of you getting a new life. I don't hear from my brother back in the UK much - well not in the 2 years since I have been here. My sister hardly keeps in touch anymore and they much prefer to speak to my other sister who has been here since forever like when she was 19 back in the 60's. I was always the one to look after my mum and have her for christmas and easter etc etc. Now I decided to come here and it is like they are punishing me for leaving them to pick up the pieces. It was left to my sister here to tell me my oldest brother died. No contact from the others giving me a call to see if I am ok. Shit happens eh. Don't need all their negative comments anyway do we. We do nicely on our own thank you very much. I can sympathise with you and how you are feeling. Keep smiling and keep your chin up.

Last edited by shirl; Aug 21st 2008 at 10:23 pm. Reason: Laptop shoots all over the place arrgghh
Old Aug 21st 2008, 10:40 pm
Short & Sweet

Spawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to all

Hiya,

Stopped with friends in Wangavegas last year. Lovely place, but a bit to quiet for our liking. OH did the wanganui river for three days, the pictures he fetched back were amazing. Sorry to here about the school thing, that's well out of order. You do right ringing. As for families, isn't that why god created friends (as an apology for them). Cheer up , hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Dawn
Old Aug 21st 2008, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Spawny67
Hiya,

Stopped with friends in Wangavegas last year. Lovely place, but a bit to quiet for our liking. OH did the wanganui river for three days, the pictures he fetched back were amazing. Sorry to here about the school thing, that's well out of order. You do right ringing. As for families, isn't that why god created friends (as an apology for them). Cheer up , hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Dawn
Thanks I will be better later going out for a meal and a FEW DRINKS!!!! lol

Wanganui can be quiet, but husband felt we could not afford to turn down the $75,000 k job offer , needless to say dont know what the future might hold, but it wont be back to the Uk thats for sure. anyway couldn't afford it for a start
Old Aug 21st 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Hi I know exactly how you feel,sorry to here about the teacher,your right to get this sorted...People can throw what they like at us but when it comes to the kids then the incredible hulk in me shows its ugly head....lol..

I know what you mean about some family members,my sister never sends our kids any cards or gifts...I always send my nieces and nephews gifts and phone them or send e mails on birthdays,its my way of letting them know we are still thinking about them...I think when you move to NZ our kids need to feel the same,and know that family back home has not forgotton about them and they are still loved..I would never fall out with family over this as its not worth it..Our kids gran's and grandad are fantastic at speaking to the kids and sending them cards and gifts and comics...but most of all just letting them know that they are still there for them....keep your chin up...I think the weather has a lot to do with the blues everyone is experiencing just now...roll on the summer...and enjoy that drink...Jacky
Old Aug 21st 2008, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by garryhg
Hi I know exactly how you feel,sorry to here about the teacher,your right to get this sorted...People can throw what they like at us but when it comes to the kids then the incredible hulk in me shows its ugly head....lol..

I know what you mean about some family members,my sister never sends our kids any cards or gifts...I always send my nieces and nephews gifts and phone them or send e mails on birthdays,its my way of letting them know we are still thinking about them...I think when you move to NZ our kids need to feel the same,and know that family back home has not forgotton about them and they are still loved..I would never fall out with family over this as its not worth it..Our kids gran's and grandad are fantastic at speaking to the kids and sending them cards and gifts and comics...but most of all just letting them know that they are still there for them....keep your chin up...I think the weather has a lot to do with the blues everyone is experiencing just now...roll on the summer...and enjoy that drink...Jacky
thanks, yes well we are not in there thoughts and I sent a very stroppy Email, but I dont care at the moment. as you say they can throw things at me but not my kids, and they know shes been having a hard time of it lately....:curse:

an yes and btw I sent cards, emails phone calls to them on their birthdays, I am very angry right now... certainly could do with that drink, or maybe go and see Mamma Mia again that will cheer me up...
Old Aug 21st 2008, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, yes well we are not in there thoughts and I sent a very stroppy Email, but I dont care at the moment. as you say they can throw things at me but not my kids, and they know shes been having a hard time of it lately....:curse:

an yes and btw I sent cards, emails phone calls to them on their birthdays, I am very angry right now... certainly could do with that drink, or maybe go and see Mamma Mia again that will cheer me up...
They are having a special screening this weekend of Mamma Mia sing a long I am going on Monday. I thing they will be having a bouncing ball with the words so everyone can join in the singing. It will brighten everyones day. Watch out for it in NZ.

Keep your chin up. My daughter & family realize how lucky they are that they have the support here of their family. Especially her brother (our son) has made sure that we can keep in contact with them all the time via the webcam etc.

Have you made your feelings known to your family maybe they think that you are too busy with your new life you have no time for them now.

Please do not let the distance cause a permanent rift.

June

Last edited by Margaret Parkinson; Aug 21st 2008 at 11:36 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

OMG how good was that film,went along with friends and wanted to start dancing in the cinema...lol
I seriously thought i would cringe when Pierce Brosnan started singing,but it was really good...yeh get along for another pick me up with Mama Mia....Jacky
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 1:41 am

btw i meant to say the teacher said English Ears not white....oops
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you're feeling better about it now My family always send cards etc. but the outlaws NEVER do! We have all had a birthday here now, 1 son has just had his 2nd here) and not even a phone call to wish him a Happy Birthday - zilch! Stuff them!

On the other note - how good is Mamma Mia?! I could go and watch it again and again. I'm with Jacky, could easily have got up and bopped away Go watch it again, and grab a few drinks while you're there
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear that you're going through a rough patch at the moment.

I fully understand where you are coming from, my eldest is doing well at school, but the youngest is finding it really hard. He's been bullied and called all the names under the sun because he's having extra tuition with maths and spelling. His teacher is an absolute dragon, always screaming and shouting at the kids. He's too scared to ask her for help as most of the time she tells the kids to go away as she's busy!! I've had a meeting with the teacher and the principal, but things haven't improved. I'm moving him to another school next year, so hopefully things will improve. It breaks my heart when he keeps saying that he's stupid, because that's what other kids have told him:curse:

As for family, well I don't hear from my brother now Mum has died, but he only used to ring me in the UK when he wanted something. As for my Dad, although he lived in Huddersfield too, he only ever came to the house 3 times a year, kids birthdays and Christmas. I fact 1 Christmas he came my youngest asked "who's that man!" He's only rung me once since I got here and that was at 5am because he couldn't get his head round the time difference!!

As they say you can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends.

I look on this forum as a extended family, always there if you need them

Maybe we could organise between us to send kids a birthday card from the expats, it will make them feel loved at least!!

Chin up, have a drink or 3, things will get better.

Catkin
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

If I was you I would "front" up directly to the teacher and confront her yourself (nicely ), ask why she felt the need to speak about your daughter like that in front of the class, and if you are still not happy then put your copncerns in writing to the headmaster.

Don't give her or the school the opportunity to brush you off.

Kia Kaha (stay strong) spring is almost here
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Bellasmum

If I was you I would "front" up directly to the teacher and confront her yourself (nicely ), ask why she felt the need to speak about your daughter like that in front of the class, and if you are still not happy then put your copncerns in writing to the headmaster.

Don't give her or the school the opportunity to brush you off.

Kia Kaha (stay strong) spring is almost here
thanks, yes I am seeing the teacher next week, and as i say shes going to High school next year...

on another note she said the teacher was as nice as pie to her today, I wonder why...

And thanks everyone, nice to know you support me and cheer me up on a bad day been feeling what the heck are we doing here today...

but going out later for a FEW DRINKS!!!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Hope you're feeling better about it now My family always send cards etc. but the outlaws NEVER do! We have all had a birthday here now, 1 son has just had his 2nd here) and not even a phone call to wish him a Happy Birthday - zilch! Stuff them!

On the other note - how good is Mamma Mia?! I could go and watch it again and again. I'm with Jacky, could easily have got up and bopped away Go watch it again, and grab a few drinks while you're there
going to see it again the weekend, dont think they allow drinks in though ...damn!!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear all that crap. If I were you I would make a SERIOUS complaint to the ministry of education about that teacher for BOTH remarks..a teacher like that needs to find a new job.

Know how you feel my 7 year old ADD lad has just thrown the abuse and violence laden tantrum of all tantrums upon me for 40 mins!!