British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   February Arrivals and Departures 2017 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/february-arrivals-departures-2017-a-890227/)

MrsFychan Jan 17th 2017 8:44 am

February Arrivals and Departures 2017

Who:
Where from:
leaving Date:
Where to:
Arrival Date:

RobDon Jan 18th 2017 4:06 am

re: February Arrivals and Departures 2017

Shouldn't that be February 2017?!?!
:)

bex2178 Jan 29th 2017 8:58 pm

Re: February Arrivals and Departures 2017

Hi i have just moved to Wellington from UK with my husband and daughter. i am currently looking for work in trhe childcare sector but i can't seen to find a website that converts my British qualification to NZ. con anyone help?:fingerscrossed:;)

MrsFychan Jan 30th 2017 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by bex2178 (Post 12164811)
Hi i have just moved to Wellington from UK with my husband and daughter. i am currently looking for work in trhe childcare sector but i can't seen to find a website that converts my British qualification to NZ. con anyone help?:fingerscrossed:;)

Welcome Bex,

Whereabouts are you? what sort of qualification do you have and what sort of work?

bex2178 Jan 31st 2017 10:03 pm

Hi we are currently renting in Paraparaumu Beach, when our house sells back home we will buy our forever home no sure where yet. we love it here but there is also other places we like.

i have an level 4 in childcare and education. it was the first year of a degree (lost interest in completing the full degree)
School teaching aide would be perfect as it fit around my daughters school hours

any help would be great

MrsFychan Feb 1st 2017 2:16 am

I'm just up the road in Waikanae if you fancy meeting up for cuppa any time.

As for teaching aides that seems to be a hard position to get into and pays not so much. I would suggest volunteering at schools and asking them direct.

Not sure on the requirements and job availability but do know our own school have reduced the aides hours - the school has to pay for the aides out of their own budgets if I understand properly. Nationally teaching places are hard to get unless you want to go to the wops wops, despite what you see in the media.

Originally Posted by bex2178 (Post 12167136)
Hi we are currently renting in Paraparaumu Beach, when our house sells back home we will buy our forever home no sure where yet. we love it here but there is also other places we like.

i have an level 4 in childcare and education. it was the first year of a degree (lost interest in completing the full degree)
School teaching aide would be perfect as it fit around my daughters school hours

any help would be great