Favourite sayings

Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:04 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Favourite sayings

I have just read this in an article about successful living as a migrant and thought it pretty cool:

life isn't neccesarily a beach just because you live beside one.

I love sayings. what sayings strike a chord with you?
Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Panda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant futurePanda_Pops has a brilliant future
Default Re: Favourite sayings

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
I have just read this in an article about successful living as a migrant and thought it pretty cool:

life isn't neccesarily a beach just because you live beside one.

I love sayings. what sayings strike a chord with you?

Always forgive the people who p*ss you off, but never forget their names.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:16 pm

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Panda_Pops
Always forgive the people who p*ss you off, but never forget their names.
made me laugh out loud and therefore smile as well
Old Aug 10th 2005, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

life is not a dummy run
&

yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why we call it the present!
Old Aug 10th 2005, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

spudzlikeus is an unknown quantity at this point

Never marry for money, marry for love, but only love where money is!!
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:06 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Pudding first ....... life is short
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:06 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Appropriate for this forum

"You can't eat a view"
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
Pudding first ....... life is short
yes i like that one, we use it in our house!

it also reminds me that when my hubbie was a child, his parents used to take him & his sister out for dessert whenever they were going to break the news that they were moving countries. I thought it was nice to have some sort of ritual and forewarning that there was some big news coming.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Mark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really nice
Smile Re: Favourite sayings

Never trust the French
Old Aug 10th 2005, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

One tht I hadn't heard until I came to NZ......

"Box of Fluffies"
and my all time favourite connected with the move to NZ

"Short term pain:long term gain"

Gill and Rob
Old Aug 11th 2005, 6:00 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
One tht I hadn't heard until I came to NZ......

"Box of Fluffies"
and my all time favourite connected with the move to NZ

"Short term pain:long term gain"

Gill and Rob
You mean no one in the UK ever replies to How are you feeling today with the saying "like a box of fluffies" never realised that was unique to NZ

Peachy Keen is one I hear a lot these days but have no idea where it comes from
Old Aug 11th 2005, 9:13 am
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

" That went down faster than a granny on a frosty morning...."

" Uglier than a fight at a gypsy's wedding..."

" looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp..."

" as mad as a box of frogs..."

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Aug 11th 2005 at 9:18 am.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 9:24 am

and i have just been reminded of this one I like elsewhere on this forum:

the tapestry of life is made of many threads
Old Aug 11th 2005, 9:58 am

ElizabethC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
and i have just been reminded of this one I like elsewhere on this forum:

the tapestry of life is made of many threads

" I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy. " _The wonderful Dorothy Parker and another...

It serves me right for keeping all my eggs in one bastard.

and some kiwiana...

"up shit creek in leaky gumboots"

"up the boohai shooting pukakas with a popgun"
Old Aug 11th 2005, 10:38 am
Nice Tats

Originally Posted by Mark & Sarah
Never trust the French
I'll drink to that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.