Fathers' Day

Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold
Default Fathers' Day

Isn't it weird having Fathers' day in September ?
When you are an adult male parent, your birthday is a bit of a "yeah so what, another year older" affair and christmas is just an expensive couple of days off. But Fathers' Day seems to grow in importance EVERY year no matter when it is, or where you are ! (or is that only me ?)
Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fathers' Day

Two in one year.........

Wifes a bit peeved that mothers day has gone here
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

futurama has a spectacular aura aboutfuturama has a spectacular aura aboutfuturama has a spectacular aura about

My wife said we are not having one as we had it in the uk and I wanted a car valeting kit from the Warehouse
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
When you are an adult male parent, your birthday is a bit of a "yeah so what, another year older" affair and christmas is just an expensive couple of days off. But Fathers' Day seems to grow in importance EVERY year no matter when it is, or where you are ! (or is that only me ?)
I think you are right you know..makes me think as each year of their development passes 'blimey i have had something to do with this'.........rather nice isn't it? Never thought of it like that...thank you.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by futurama
My wife said we are not having one as we had it in the uk and I wanted a car valeting kit from the Warehouse
That's really sad, you should get into the flow of things immediately..go and buy one your self mate and buy her a bunch of flowers and send her on a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong guilt trip!!!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:45 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

You mean men actually want stuff like that? I thought it was just one of those things reeled out just for days like Father's Day, like novelty socks and stubby holders, year in year out as no-ones actually got a clue what to buy men!

(Well, we have, but what wife would allow their child to purchase a lap dancer with a beer in each hand to give to their dad in recognition of being a great father?)
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

futurama has a spectacular aura aboutfuturama has a spectacular aura aboutfuturama has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
You mean men actually want stuff like that? I thought it was just one of those things reeled out just for days like Father's Day, like novelty socks and stubby holders, year in year out as no-ones actually got a clue what to buy men!

(Well, we have, but what wife would allow their child to purchase a lap dancer with a beer in each hand to give to their dad in recognition of being a great father?)
Jan did a pole dance with a bottle of Steinlarger (dont ask how she took the top off), but a car valetting kit is for life ..only kidding Darl, BUT what did you do with the bottle top!!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:27 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Jan did a pole dance with a bottle of Steinlarger (dont ask how she took the top off), but a car valetting kit is for life ..only kidding Darl, BUT what did you do with the bottle top!!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

... I wanted a car valeting kit from the Warehouse
Yeah....right....hubby IGNORED last Mother's Day completely so all he got was the two cards, kids made at NZ school and my politically correct SIDE (HAPPILY NOT A MAJOR PART OF ME!) wondered what about kids with no Dad because in my day that was rare..... had lovely family walk though in sunshine.

Let's face it it's just an excuse (in any country) for retailers to make money.....I thought this as a teenager too until a very hurt Mum told me she thought it was important and the rest is history but really I don't care either way, how you treat each other day to day is so much more important.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

My son got daddy a large toblerone and some bendy Simpsons figures so he was happy. But he managed to write the card himself which was the best bit... (with a little help from mummy of course!)
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
I still think its weird having winter in June, July and August and now its September and there are loads of lambs bouncing around the fields. My birthday is next (big 40!! ) and then DS's birthday and then its Christmas!! This year is going fast!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

well garry has had faters day in scotland this year,but i thought i would enter into the spirit of things and bought him some aftershave from the kids...

it was in the glass case in chemist,so pointed to the one i wanted,the women even took it away and wrapt it up for me,
told her the story about it being his second fathers day and she said how lucky he was...

gave him his present this morning,she sold me perfume

i specifically asked her if it was aftershave,she said yes
never mind just have to keep it
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Yeah....right....hubby IGNORED last Mother's Day completely so all he got was the two cards, kids made at NZ school and my politically correct SIDE (HAPPILY NOT A MAJOR PART OF ME!) wondered what about kids with no Dad because in my day that was rare..... had lovely family walk though in sunshine.

Let's face it it's just an excuse (in any country) for retailers to make money.....I thought this as a teenager too until a very hurt Mum told me she thought it was important and the rest is history but really I don't care either way, how you treat each other day to day is so much more important.
I agree, it IS an excuse for the retailers to make money, but Fathers' day has only started to become important the last few years, before that, Fathers role was not commemerated at all. I always prefer my kids' home made cards anyway (despite having Spiderman and his friends on them instead of racing cars and general boy stuff) . Please read my original thread about what i thought too about Fathers' day, it is the same as your mother's reaction.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

Zara , who is 2 years old made me a nice Fathers Day card at Creche !!!

She also made me a Gingerbread man.................................

..............................which she ate on the way home !!