Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Fancy meeting up in Wellington?

Fancy meeting up in Wellington?

Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:28 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fancy meeting up in Wellington?

Me and DP (AKA Lee) are coming over and we should land in Wellington on 8th February, leaving 22nd Feb. We are hoping to get some job interviews lined up, have a look at properties and schools, try out a 'commute' from Kapiti coast and Upper Hutt to see what it would be like - cram in as much as we can in 14 days

Anyone got a pad to rent out? Or recommend a B&B?

And do you fancy meeting up for a chinwag and a few bevvies?
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fancy meeting up in Wellington?

We'd love to meet up - we arrive end of January and will be near Kandallah until the end of Feb but will be looking for something more permanent while there. Is it just the 2 of you or the whole family?
Donna (Mrs danny.f)
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:58 pm

Sounds great - no idea where that is, but sounds great!!

Managed to palm off the two little uns to their grandparents, so is just lee and i coming down.

off to look at a map!
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

We're relatively near to Welly, Danny reckons about 20 minutes. It's actually Aotera (sp) that we're going to in the first place and we have a short term rental there. Anyway, we'd love to see you - how long will you be out for? How old are your kids? Once we get out we'll PM you with our contact details, maybe organise lunch, dinner, bbq or something similar?
Old Dec 30th 2006, 8:05 pm

We're over there for just a couple weeks. We leave Welly at 0600 on 22nd feb.

The dear little things I am leaving here (aka daugher 1 and 2) are 9months and almost 3yr old.

we have no idea where we will be staying yet. Prolly sort out some self catering and then rent a car so we can have a look around. we would like to look at Kapiti Coast and Upper Hutt.

my email address is [email protected], also my MSN.

be fantastic if we can get some of us together!
Old Dec 31st 2006, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Donna,
Is it Aotea that you are staying at. If it is, it's really nice, brand new housing complex.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dreamfish
Me and DP (AKA Lee) are coming over and we should land in Wellington on 8th February, leaving 22nd Feb. We are hoping to get some job interviews lined up, have a look at properties and schools, try out a 'commute' from Kapiti coast and Upper Hutt to see what it would be like - cram in as much as we can in 14 days

Anyone got a pad to rent out? Or recommend a B&B?

And do you fancy meeting up for a chinwag and a few bevvies?
Look forward to seeing you - any idea of your per night budget?
Old Dec 31st 2006, 2:11 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Katie,

Take a look in the Really Useful Thread. I was pointed towards a great hostel in an old art deco hotel today, by Tranz Scenic Railways. The most expensive rooms have one double bed and one single, and they're ensuite. NZ$85 a night.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boopy
Hi Donna,
Is it Aotea that you are staying at. If it is, it's really nice, brand new housing complex.
Hi Dee,
yes, that's the place. The kind lady was trying to spell it to me over the phone but as Danny was shouting "get off my mobile, this is costing me a fortune" and words to that effect I didn't quite get what she was saying! We're only there 4 weeks, but I'm glad you say it's OK as this is obviously going to be our first real impression.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Look forward to seeing you - any idea of your per night budget?
hey there - i was going to drop you an email actually - see if you could point me in the direction of houses etc,.

havent really given much thought to our daily budget just yet. i was going to have a look around see if i can find any short stay deals. toying with the idea of a motorhome - cos if its going to cost me £50 a night for a room, £700 for 2 wks:scared: , then it could be a lot cheaper to camp!

i do like my comforts - would prefer a hotel or B&B with my own bog,
Old Dec 31st 2006, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Our address is 22,Aspiring Terrace, Porirua, Welly.
Is that the same place?
Old Jan 1st 2007, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Maz
Hey Katie,

Take a look in the Really Useful Thread. I was pointed towards a great hostel in an old art deco hotel today, by Tranz Scenic Railways. The most expensive rooms have one double bed and one single, and they're ensuite. NZ$85 a night.
thanks so much for this - always good to go by recommendation. i have dropped them an email see if they have rooms for us!
Old Jan 1st 2007, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

We're over there for just a couple weeks. We leave Welly at 0600 on 22nd feb.

The dear little things I am leaving here (aka daugher 1 and 2) are 9months and almost 3yr old.

we have no idea where we will be staying yet. Prolly sort out some self catering and then rent a car so we can have a look around. we would like to look at Kapiti Coast and Upper Hutt.

my email address is [email protected], also my MSN.

be fantastic if we can get some of us together!

count me in - we live in kapiti if thats any use & hubby comutes to welly also have daugther of 3 & son of 5,
Old Jan 1st 2007, 10:46 am

would love to meet up with you in kapiti - its an area i would like to live in so it would be good to hear your dp's opinion on commuting - lee thinks its too far.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

hey there - i was going to drop you an email actually - see if you could point me in the direction of houses etc,.

havent really given much thought to our daily budget just yet. i was going to have a look around see if i can find any short stay deals. toying with the idea of a motorhome - cos if its going to cost me £50 a night for a room, £700 for 2 wks:scared: , then it could be a lot cheaper to camp!

i do like my comforts - would prefer a hotel or B&B with my own bog,
Will find some options - there is a backpackers in central Wellington which has rooms with en suites - think about $80/night last time I asked - you wouldn't need a car for several days as everything is nearby - or you could stay in a motel in The Hutt or Johnsonville - 15/20mins drive into central Wellington and get better value accommodation - I'll give a couple of motels a call and ask what discount you would get for a 2 week stay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.