Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Famous people I have met.

Famous people I have met.

Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:42 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Famous people I have met.

I've met quite a few famous people...but as they are all Japanese it's probably not worth me posting their names.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Dandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the rough

Ive met Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Pluto, Goofy, Buzz Lightyear, Bugsy Malone, Talula, Fat Sam, Daisy Duck, Chip N Dale, Miss Piggy.

Loads of um
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Not exactly met ................... more brushed past. Billy Boyd from Lord of the Rings in Buchanan Galleries shopping centre, Glasgow on Saturday. Kids chased after him but didnt have the bottle to ask for autograph.
Hubby got to walk aroung a practice round with VJ Singh a couple of nights before the Scottish Open (Troon) as he had no body guards unlike Tiger who had about 10. Was out cycling to Troon (lots of golf courses in this area) and hubby (golf freak) spotted Fuzzy Zoeller???????? and he spoke to us. Cant think of anything else other than Judith Chalmers whilst she was filming Wish You Were Here in Scarborough and Angela Rippon whilst filming Antiques Roadshow.......I got her autograph(in my defence I was about 8yrs old).
On returning from a trip to Italy with his rugby club in April my son met Walter Smith and Ian Durrant (Glasgow Rangers). He said they were friendly and they both signed about 20 autographs and sat for photos.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dandy Dan
Ive met Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Pluto, Goofy, Buzz Lightyear, Bugsy Malone, Talula, Fat Sam, Daisy Duck, Chip N Dale, Miss Piggy.

Loads of um

No way. I`ve met them all too. What a coincidence. We must be unique!!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god, forgotten so many

DARTH Vader ...aka... the Green cross code Man ..aka... David Prowse (friends of my Grandfather so met him many times at my Nans house)

Bananarama (Uncle went to school with 2 of them and dated them, so saw them at my nan's a couple of times)

Phil Collins
Peter Gabriel
Tears for Fears
The Who
Pink Floyd
Slade
....many more

David Jason, Nick Lyndhurst etc and cast - they filmed regularly outside the office I worked in. David Jason was lovely and had great chats, Nick Lyndhurst was a miserable sod

Casualty cast - same reason (House of Elliot cast for same reason too)
Ross Kemp
Shane Ritchie
Frank Bruno
Tony Hart
Little & large

The little grey cells aren't what they used to be
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

when we went to World Cup final in Berlin last year, we met the lanky footballer from the Trinidad/Tobago team ... also plays for a UK club too but I can't remember that neither

He was in Berlin airport with his WAG - what a jumped up **** that was! Prancing around with her Prada bag perched on her arm, looking down on everyone - I was in a foul mood cause we were delayed, the airport was heaving (sardine tin heaving, no joke !!!) and it was soooo hot - I just looked at her, shouted PATHETIC and laughed my head off. She was NOT a happy bunny and marched off hehe.

still can't remember his name! I'll google it lol
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Shaka Hislop! He's about 100ft tall in real life seriously though, he's REALLY tall
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

pangor is a jewel in the roughpangor is a jewel in the roughpangor is a jewel in the roughpangor is a jewel in the rough

OK guys, get it off your chest. Time to brag/ dish the dirt. Shout em out. I`ll start.........................following my bands of the 80`s thread....Paul Young . He was eating at the local Indian in Battle / east sussex . I bumped into him as he was coming out and said the immortal words" Hey your Paul Young"

Whilst I have not many anybody famous we did see Billy Connoly in the indian takeaway in Berwick upon Tweed. At least we think it was him. It was a man that looked like Billy sitting eating alone in the whole restaurant apart from a couple of behemoths in suits standing looking menacing. In case Billy reads this we were the two wallys at the bar trying to look without looking ! But I do not suppose we were the only ones

peter
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:04 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Rowan Atkinson when he helped with the horses at my work. H.M., Di, Wills and Harry. James Hewitt. but not all on the same day Gary wots his name used to be on Corrie???
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Oh, my friend's sister went out with Gary Kemp! I prefer Martin myself!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:49 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash1
I`m impressed and intrigued. How come so many footballers? Stalker?
My Dad used to play for Liverpool back in the dark ages (the B team's reserves...on the bench!). He started up Waikato FC here and coached the Vanuatu national team, and sent a lot of players back to train with Liverpool and Everton in the 80s. My stalking days are well behind me!

Steve.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:56 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazal
OMG Christian Cullen - I'm hyperventilating just at the thought of it. I love that man. Great player and gorgous too. And Frank too! I couldnt cope!

How did you get to meet so many people?
The ABs came to my school for a training session. Saw the whole squad (except Jonah), but spoke with Cullen for a while.

Met Frank at some sort of festival in Suva, Fiji.

I thought people would be more interested in why I was having breakfast with the woman from ER?!

Steve.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash1
No way. I`ve met them all too. What a coincidence. We must be unique!!!!
Nope, not unique because guess what?????...............I met them too.
Oh, and the Power Rangers
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nero
My only claim to fame is that I met Diana Ross back in the 80s. She lived in the appartment above us with her Norweigian husband. I was an au pair at the time living in Oslo. She appeared quite friendly and opened the door for me on a couple of occasions.
I was a nanny rather than an au pair to the family who lived next door to Barry Gibb from the Bee Gees. Only met him once, but his wife linda was lovely.

Gill
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to add, was nanny who lived in Gerrards Cross (posh town in Bucks), so couldn't go shopping without bumping in to somebody famous !!!
Had to queue behind Dave Lee Travis just to collect my JACKIE magazine in the newsagents and queued behind Cilla Black in the butchers !!!

Unfortunately don't recognise any NZ celebrities quite yet !!!

Gill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.