Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Family tax credits.

Family tax credits.

Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Family tax credits.

Just to let you know (only found out yesterday) that you only can apply for family tax credits when you have been in NZ for 12 months. You have to have your PR to apply and its something the govt give to people who earn below a certain amount and have so many kids. IE the less you earn and the more kids you have the more you get.

I think the earnings threshold is somewhere up in the $80k mark.

To get it you need to get everyone in the family tax numbers and then look at www.ird.govt.nz to see how to apply..ditto for the tax numbers.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family tax credits.

Originally Posted by Genesis
Just to let you know (only found out yesterday) that you only can apply for family tax credits when you have been in NZ for 12 months. You have to have your PR to apply and its something the govt give to people who earn below a certain amount and have so many kids. IE the less you earn and the more kids you have the more you get.

I think the earnings threshold is somewhere up in the $80k mark.

To get it you need to get everyone in the family tax numbers and then look at www.ird.govt.nz to see how to apply..ditto for the tax numbers.
Hi Genesis,

Unless its recently changed you don't have to have been in NZ for 12 months to apply. You do need residency and a dependent child. I applied as soon as residency was granted and got it.

Carole
Old Oct 8th 2008, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Hi Genesis,

Unless its recently changed you don't have to have been in NZ for 12 months to apply. You do need residency and a dependent child. I applied as soon as residency was granted and got it.

Carole
Hi Carole, maybe back in 2005-2006 which is the year I was claiming for things were different..but thanks for that I will check up on that..so now as soon as you have PR you can get it aye??
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Hi Genesis,

Carole
You are indeed correct. I have checked with IRD and they gave me wrong info. It is PR WITH 12 months continuos residence in NZ. Thus you can claim from day 1 after you have your PR so long as you are here for the next 12 months.

Thank you for putting me right!!!
Karma en route!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 3:57 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting for ours to be sorted soon be time for the next lot of forms