Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Family Day at the Races 21st Jan

Family Day at the Races 21st Jan

Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Day at the Races 21st Jan

Originally Posted by spackster
This is a good point, Where at trentham are we going to meet.

I suggest at the bar

Any thoughts Simon ? and what time, I guess racing won't start until at least 12 noon but I will check on this.

Adie
As we're picnicing I was going to try and get there a little earlier and grab a pitch on the grass area in front on the main stand. I'll check during the week what time the place opens and hit it early (but not that early). And what are you doing posting under your wife's name?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:54 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
As we're picnicing I was going to try and get there a little earlier and grab a pitch on the grass area in front on the main stand. I'll check during the week what time the place opens and hit it early (but not that early). And what are you doing posting under your wife's name?
I couldn't be bothered to change log out and log in again. Done it now - Happy ?

This sounds like a plan. We should have the racing times at work so I will be able to update you on that tomorrow
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Just rang Trentham Races, the gates open at 09.30am and the first race that day is at 12.15pm. I'll try and get there about 10.30am and grab a space on the grass.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

Leccy-Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

I still planning to come along, be on me lonesome as a single guy hope thats ok. I am dieting but sure i can have one picnic

Never been horse racing in my life, so it should be interesting new thing..
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

We're still going even it it rains! There is a covered grandstand, but might put a change of clothes in the car for little legs, in case he does go on all the rides.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:09 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Weather looks good! Going to get dressed now and make picnic if I can be arsed, then out we come. Not sure if Phil's coming yet, he's fretting about having to learn songs for his new band.

Originally Posted by Leccy-Lee
I still planning to come along, be on me lonesome as a single guy hope thats ok. I am dieting but sure i can have one picnic

Never been horse racing in my life, so it should be interesting new thing..
Looking forward to meeting you Lee! Horse-racing is fun. I don't understand the betting much at all, but I love seeing the horsies in the paddock before the races.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:25 pm
Account Closed

Leccy-Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

Sadly i may not make it after all. Already got 2 call-outs from work come in today...
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

What a day! No cyclone - no rain till now we've arrived back home and 28 degrees in the Hutt Valley! I lost money on every race, but thoroughly enjoyed the day and the company...
Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you all had a good time - any photographic evidence to share?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:54 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Glad to hear you all had a good time - any photographic evidence to share?
Yes but it'll have to wait until I have a chance to resize the pics etc. I have some animations to do as well.

Lee, sorry you couldn't make it! Next time, eh?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:17 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Had a fab time, We lost money on every race to.

Fab day will defo go again

Jac and Adie