Fallen Comrades.

Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:56 am
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light
Default Fallen Comrades.

Hi all,
Just a quick one to comment on the amazing strength shown by Derek Lovell's wife on tv earlier, for what must be an horrendous time for her she showed true grit and held herself together amazingly, good on you girl. It's been a pretty crap weekend for all of us involved and goes to highlight how precious life is and quickly it can be taken from us.
My thoughts go to the families of all those injured at the coldstore facility.

Respect Derek, may you live on in peace my friend.

Big Al
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fallen Comrades.

Originally Posted by Fireman Al
Hi all,
Just a quick one to comment on the amazing strength shown by Derek Lovell's wife on tv earlier, for what must be an horrendous time for her she showed true grit and held herself together amazingly, good on you girl. It's been a pretty crap weekend for all of us involved and goes to highlight how precious life is and quickly it can be taken from us.

Big Al
I whole heartedly concur with you fella!!!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Big Al
Here, here!

We spent yesterday with a remarkable ex-fireman, who was injured in the call of duty, 5 years ago in Tauranga. About 20 of us walked a couple of the routes of the Karangahake Gorge between Hamilton and Tauranga. Tom, in his wheelchair, managed without huffing and puffing like the rest of us. It brought back some painful memories for Tom. We owe these guys, so much respect.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Stuee is on a distinguished road

Here, here Al

Sorry I was away on leave, I wish I could have helped.

Thoughts and Condolences

Stuee and Family
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice

Hi all,

Big Al
Here Here !

The Fireman do an amazing Job, saving peoples lives daily.

My thoughts to, go to the families of those injured.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it makes you think doesn't it. My heart goes out to everyone involved, what an awful tragedy. I had tears in my eyes as I watched it on TV. With my partner being a Fire Fighter this has really made me think... and worry, I have to admit.

You just don't think something like that can happen, but it can, and it has. We have our flag at half mast at our station...

"That others may live"

Last edited by SarahB; Apr 7th 2008 at 9:27 am.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:26 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Great post Al.
Respect to all who lay their lives on the line for others.
Karen
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:46 am
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by karonious
Great post Al.
Respect to all who lay their lives on the line for others.
Karen
It's strange, we do the job day in and day out, no two job's being the same but until something like this happens it makes you realise that it could happen to anyone of us. I love my job, i love helping those that need itbut sometimes you forget that even though we're trained to deal with situations, we're just as susceptable to danger as anyone else !

Al.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:52 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

It's strange, we do the job day in and day out, no two job's being the same but until something like this happens it makes you realise that it could happen to anyone of us. I love my job, i love helping those that need itbut sometimes you forget that even though we're trained to deal with situations, we're just as susceptable to danger as anyone else !

Al.
Can't really add anything to that............
karma to you.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

You guys do a fantastic job. It's horrible to hear of such tragedies. Condolences to the families.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

It was wierd that I was driving north from Taupo and decided to divert from Hamilton up the 1b. I saw the smoke early Sunday morning and realised it must have been something huge and not natural. My thoughts are with the families of those injured and may they recover from their injuries. As someone who tries to fix such people on a daily basis, my thx and gratitude are with them as always
Old Apr 8th 2008, 5:24 am
Who me ?

Originally Posted by SarahB
Yes, it makes you think doesn't it. My heart goes out to everyone involved, what an awful tragedy. I had tears in my eyes as I watched it on TV. With my partner being a Fire Fighter this has really made me think... and worry, I have to admit.

You just don't think something like that can happen, but it can, and it has. We have our flag at half mast at our station...

"That others may live"
My better half never knows whether the kiss goodbye is the last one, put's alot into perspective for us really !
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

My better half never knows whether the kiss goodbye is the last one, put's alot into perspective for us really !
My better half wishes her latest kiss is the last one.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:28 am
Who me ?

Originally Posted by danny.f
My better half wishes her latest kiss is the last one.
Funny that, so does mine.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Funny that, so does mine.
Sorry,I meant from me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.