Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A Face to a name - if you're brave enough!!!

A Face to a name - if you're brave enough!!!

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 3:22 pm
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice
Default Re: A Face to a name - if you're brave enough!!!

That would be the Remarkables (Queenstown), taken from the top of the Gondola at the Skyline restaurant.

Just in case Sally doesn't come back for a bit...
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 3:35 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwijetpilot
That would be the Remarkables (Queenstown), taken from the top of the Gondola at the Skyline restaurant.

Just in case Sally doesn't come back for a bit...
Thanks Mr KJP - or should I call you Bamber for knowing everything!

Welcome back Sally by the way.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 3:39 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Who the hell is this?
Attached Thumbnails A Face to a name - if you're brave enough!!!-glitter.jpg  
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 3:41 pm
Give us a kiss

Sarah and I are in here............?
Attached Thumbnails A Face to a name - if you're brave enough!!!-rocky.jpg  
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:45 pm
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

Gary "biddy" Glitter, and the cast of the Rocky Horror Picture Show...???

Scary, anyway. Not sure you lot should be allowed in the country. We have enough psychotics already...

Mind you Richard O'Brien is "sort of" a Kiwi...
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biddy
Sarah and I are in here............?
Like dressing up do we??????

I dressed up once for the Halloween Disco at the kids' primary school and scared the crap out of most of their friends. :scared:

Regards
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

Mind you Richard O'Brien is "sort of" a Kiwi...
Dresses up as a 'bird' and can't fly
Old Jun 4th 2005, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Sally1 will become famous soon enoughSally1 will become famous soon enough

Hello Biddy and all

Yep, I'm back and it was Queenstown, I loved it there. The other was in Rotorua, one of the Thermal smelly places in Jan 05. Me not having broadband makes it slow to catch up on all the threads with the pictures. I feel like a new bod and don't know what has been going on
Old Jun 5th 2005, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sally
Hello Biddy and all

Yep, I'm back and it was Queenstown, I loved it there. The other was in Rotorua, one of the Thermal smelly places in Jan 05. Me not having broadband makes it slow to catch up on all the threads with the pictures. I feel like a new bod and don't know what has been going on
Hi Sally

My family live in Northants - Long Buckby. Where do you live? I went to school in Northants too. I think Northamptonshire is a beautiful part of the UK. Where are you going to live in NZ.

Michele
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:56 am
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Alex and Georgie outside a 'Tardis' by Earl's Court station, London

The next Dr Who and his assistant?

Georgina Ballerina (look what Santa brought me for Christmas Mum!)

My rude daughter

My goddaughter Tegan shows off her Hannibal Lecter smile (it's ice lolly actually)

Last edited by 80s Chick; Jun 8th 2005 at 10:59 am.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:07 am
Banned

Alex does look a bit like the first Dr Who...

He's still looking a bit worried though. He needs to get out here to NZ and loosen up a bit.

And what is that Fender Precision doing on your wall? That bass needs to be played! I've been playing mine tonight. Basses need love too...
Old Jun 8th 2005, 12:03 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

He's still looking a bit worried though. He needs to get out here to NZ and loosen up a bit.

And what is that Fender Precision doing on your wall? That bass needs to be played! I've been playing mine tonight. Basses need love too...

Ali bought me that bass ages ago so that I could learn to play it but my fingers are too soft and sissy. He can play it though, he can play any guitar expertly. I prefer wind instruments (no jokes please!) I taught myself to play the Irish whistle (learnt the recorder at school so it was easy) and I'd like to have another go at the flute if I can ever get a sound out of the damn thing.

Here's a piccie of my first born Njuguini (the N is silent, it's pronounced J'goini, sounds a bit like Sigourney as in Weaver). She's 14. This picture is taken with her friend Stephanie. Njuguini's the one wearing glasses.

Old Jun 9th 2005, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

Yep I have that haunted look that poms have :scared:

The reason I keep the guitars hanging around the walls is because I am addicted to playing them and MUST have them at arms reach at all times. I have been a musician for many years and get withdrawal symptoms if I can't get to an instrument. There are seven stringed instruments on the wall in this room alone as well as a keyboards and sixteen track digital recording machine, racks of effects and sequencing, sampling and processing equipment. I also have a set of Tablas. In addition to this flutes, whistles and recorders which Phyl plays. We often have Music nights where we perform for the benefit (or detriment) of our neighbours. ( I am sure they just can't wait for us to bugger off to NZ)

Don't you worry our instruments are loved and cared for and played very regularly.

If you like guitars I have a Pre CBS 1963 L series Stratocaster. I don't know what it is valued at now but in 1981 I was offered £4,500.00 for it. Maybe I'll sell it and buy a Lifestyle property. (but I can't cos I lovessss my precioussss)

Regards
Old Jun 10th 2005, 2:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sega Mad
Yep I have that haunted look that poms have :scared:

The reason I keep the guitars hanging around the walls is because I am addicted to playing them and MUST have them at arms reach at all times. I have been a musician for many years and get withdrawal symptoms if I can't get to an instrument. There are seven stringed instruments on the wall in this room alone as well as a keyboards and sixteen track digital recording machine, racks of effects and sequencing, sampling and processing equipment. I also have a set of Tablas. In addition to this flutes, whistles and recorders which Phyl plays. We often have Music nights where we perform for the benefit (or detriment) of our neighbours. ( I am sure they just can't wait for us to bugger off to NZ)

Don't you worry our instruments are loved and cared for and played very regularly.

If you like guitars I have a Pre CBS 1963 L series Stratocaster. I don't know what it is valued at now but in 1981 I was offered £4,500.00 for it. Maybe I'll sell it and buy a Lifestyle property. (but I can't cos I lovessss my precioussss)

Regards

No no no you can't sell a pre-CBS strat, that is virtually a crime!!!

I used to have a house full of gear too, back in my "band" days. These days I have to content myself with only three guitars and assorted "experimental" amps. I hardly have time for it these days, in any case.

One thing I am thinking about getting is one of those little Martin Backpacker guitars. They look amazing, not sure how they play though. One of these days...
Old Jun 10th 2005, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

No no no you can't sell a pre-CBS strat, that is virtually a crime!!!

I used to have a house full of gear too, back in my "band" days. These days I have to content myself with only three guitars and assorted "experimental" amps. I hardly have time for it these days, in any case.

One thing I am thinking about getting is one of those little Martin Backpacker guitars. They look amazing, not sure how they play though. One of these days...
Interesting looking instrument the Backpacker, but definitely one for the hippies. By all accounts it can sound rather tinny and, I think, is a downward turn for Martin. Martin guitars were always such fine and warm sounding instruments and it seems a shame to produce this instrument which is more about portability than quality of sound (that being the prime requisite for a musical instrument). If I want portability I think I'll stick with the Ukelele.

I wouldn't mind getting hold of a Chapman Stick though. That is a beautiful thing

Regards

Ali

PS My old strat will never be sold - like I would sell my arms!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.