Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

FA CUP Tickets - well near enough...

FA CUP Tickets - well near enough...

Old Apr 13th 2014, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice
Default FA CUP Tickets - well near enough...

3 Hull lads and 3 Sheffield blokes were in a ticket queue at Doncaster train station heading to Kings Cross for a cup semi-final at Wembley.

The 3 Sheffield men each bought a ticket and watched as the 3 Hulliies bought just one ticket between them.

"How are the 3 of you going to travel on 1 ticket?" asked one of the South Yorkshire men. "Thall av at watch and learn" answered one of the boys from the Humber.

When the 6 travellers boarded the train, the 3 sat down, but the 3 Hullies crammed into a toilet together and closed the door.

Shortly after the train set off the conductor came around to collect tickets. He knocked on the toilet door and said, "tickets please." The door opened just a crack and a single arm emerged with a ticket in hand. The Conductor took it and moved on into the next car.

The Sheffielders saw this happen and agreed it was quite a clever idea. Indeed, so clever that they decided to do the same thing on the return trip and save themselves some money.

That evening after the game, when they all got to Kings Cross, the blades bought a single ticket for the return trip, while to their astonishment, the 3 Hull lads didn't even buy 1 ticket.

"How are you going to travel without a ticket?" asked one of the perplexed red and whites. "A tell thee, tha has at watch and learn", answered one of the Humbersiders.

When they boarded the train the 3 Hullies crammed themselves into a toilet and the 3 Sheffielders crammed themselves into another toilet.

Shortly after the train began to move, one of the Tigers men left their toilet and walked over to the Sheffield toilet. He knocked on the door and said "ticket please".

There's just no way on God's green earth to explain East Yorkshire ingenuity
Old Apr 13th 2014, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FA CUP Tickets - well near enough...

You going to go back for the final then? Doesn't happen every day. Just saying.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice

I woke a few times during the night to catch the score on my mobile. Had family at the game. As for going back. how I would love to, I know it will never happen again during my lifetime. It is a hard decision but at this moment the answer has to sadly be not positive. Just caught the highlights on Youtube, looked a fantastic last few minutes.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Well, only you can make that decision. Just saying (again) if I was a die-hard Hull City fan - you seem to be - I'd be doing all I reasonably could to at least get back to England to see it. Can you get tickets to the actual game? How can you not go?
Old Apr 15th 2014, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to be a Hull fan for the day of the Cup Final.

Yours,

A Spurs Fan

PS Make every effort to go. Should the Tigers prevail (which they have every chance of doing, Wigan last year, anyone?) you will kick yourself. All the pressure is on Arsenal, doubled, trebled and maybe even quadrupled by their barren run.

PPS You can change you signature thingy now ...

Last edited by TommyLuck; Apr 15th 2014 at 12:23 am.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Signature updated.

TL - Welcome aboard the Tigers Roller-coaster ride.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
I'm going to be a Hull fan for the day of the Cup Final.
Oh F yeah. Go the mighty humberside stripey dudes.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I was a season ticket holder for years at Old Trafford.
I went back a couple of years ago when the title came down to the last day,
it was either the mighty man united or the maggoos of man shitty.
I didnt have a ticket for the game but watched it in my brothers local with some mates.
the place was packed, half reds, half blues. United game on the TV's in the vault,
city game in the lounge, toilets and beer garden were neutral territory...lol
It was a fantastic atmosphere, both sides singing, joking and drinking.
When uniteds game ended, we were champions (sort of) but the place went silent.
Then City scored in the last second (literally) of their game and the Blues went wild.
Some of the reds left, the rest of us stayed and carried on singing, no trouble, no hassle
a title deciding situation that'll probably never happen again between such fierce rivals
I was so glad I made the journey even though we lost I have some fantastic memories.

My brother let slip that I had traveled from NZ to be there for the occasion, once word got round
I didnt buy another drink all day