Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

F***ing bollocks to the distance

F***ing bollocks to the distance

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:40 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default F***ing bollocks to the distance

Just got a call from my Dad. He has prostate cancer.

I hate the distance.

It f***ing sucks man. OK that's all for now. Sorry.

Last edited by Maz; Dec 3rd 2007 at 8:53 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:53 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F***ing bollocks to the distance

Originally Posted by Maz

I hate the distance.

It ****ing sucks man.
I can only offer you my empathy Maz. I know full well how much the distance hurts. Nothing anyone says or does will negate that. But knowing that we are looking out for you may help: and believe me, just knowing that people care how you feel and can relate to what you are going through truly helps.
Karma mate.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:54 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

aww crap, sorry to hear that, do you at least have a web cam? Is he having an op immediately?
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:58 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
I can only offer you my empathy Maz. I know full well how much the distance hurts. Nothing anyone says or does will negate that. But knowing that we are looking out for you may help: and believe me, just knowing that people care how you feel and can relate to what you are going through truly helps.
Karma mate.
Thank you so much Karen! I've been out of England for so many years now, but being in the northern hemisphere sure was a ton closer!

My Mum & Dad made sure I know that "everything's OK" (it's not) etc. The same kind of thing we'd do for our own children of course.

Originally Posted by welshviking
aww crap, sorry to hear that, do you at least have a web cam? Is he having an op immediately?
Thanks WV. I have a webcam, but they don't have one (yet). We have yet to set up some chats on Skype. If he does go downhill, I don't know how I'll cope with seeing him deteriorate. My parents are my role models, they're amazing people. None of us is sure about the course of treatment yet. He's rated as "medium risk".
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

your having a year of change and turmoil aint u!!

My thoughts are with u and urs, just take it all a day at a time. chin up!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Kerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to all

Oh Maz, we are so sorry to hear your news. I hope that your dad is treatable, I just don't know how I would cope either. Its very difficult, our thoughts are with you and your family
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 12:41 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Maz I'm soo sorry to hear about your Dad, please stay strong.

My thoughts are with you and your parents...
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 1:18 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

oh blimey Maz. thats rotten news. are there other siblings who can help? can i do anything? is he in Essex? we drive past there this week... if i can do anything please say. xx
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 4:40 pm
Maz

Thank you everyone, that means a ton. Yes I have one brother, he's still in our home town. I have my parents' only grandchild so of course that's eating me up, too.

Cancer is SO indiscriminate. I mean, I have a small enough family, and it took my Mum's mum (pancreatic) and my uncle (Mum's brother) has beaten prostate himself.

I think I might just be leaving work early today, we'll see if I can concentrate. Only got about 3 hours' sleep last night.

Thank you again everyone.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz

I hate the distance.

It f***ing sucks man. OK that's all for now. Sorry.

Sorry to hear your news.

Please be aware that over 95% of men will get prostate cancer if they live for long enough. It is usually a condition that they live with, not die from.

Of course, knowing this helped me when I got I got the same long distance ph call in August 06. But not when I then got the email the next day of the bits they forgot to tell me - that the cancer was absolutely everywhere throughout Dad's bones.

I flew home immediately with a LONG list of questions for my dad's doc, including palliative care questions. Doc explained to me those sorts of questions were a long, long way off, years away.

Meanwhile, Dad had resigned from all sorts of voluntary positions he had, twiddled his thumbs for 3 weeks then thought bugger that......and life returned to normal.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

sorry maz, i know how you are feeling....all i can say is that they have great success rates nowadays with treatment of cancer,and keeping everything crossed that your father makes a full recovery.....

my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer about 2 years ago,and i can just remember it felt like my brain exploded when we found out....

thankfully she made a full recoveryheres hoping the same happens for your dad....lifes a bitch....jacky
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, I really feel for you at this moment Maz, I've got experience with friends who've had this b&*%$r, but I can only imagine the concerns you have being so far away from family and the pressure that comes with that. But remember you've also got a new family of 'expats' only to willing to listen and help out should you need it! Think positive... just think positive!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

So sorry to hear your news Maz. Must've been a tough call for your Dad to have to make to you. We all like to think we are 'only 24 hours away'. News like this makes you realise how far that is. Thinking of you and yours, be positive and I hope everything works out for your Dad. Carol
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:10 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Bl**dy Hell hun, just when it was finally coming together

Karma to you and those dear to you and fingers crossed that your dear Dad stays well
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

My dads had it for 20 years and he's 89 now ! It might not be as bad as it seems! :cuddle:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.