Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Expression of interest form (or whatever its called!!!)

Expression of interest form (or whatever its called!!!)

Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of
Default Expression of interest form (or whatever its called!!!)

I've been told that the form takes about 4 hours to complete online. Do you find out when you submit the form how many points you have or do you just have to wait untill they write to you?
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Fungus and Jo is just really niceFungus and Jo is just really niceFungus and Jo is just really niceFungus and Jo is just really niceFungus and Jo is just really niceFungus and Jo is just really niceFungus and Jo is just really niceFungus and Jo is just really niceFungus and Jo is just really niceFungus and Jo is just really niceFungus and Jo is just really nice
Default Re: Expression of interest form (or whatever its called!!!)

Originally Posted by Lee Lee
I've been told that the form takes about 4 hours to complete online. Do you find out when you submit the form how many points you have or do you just have to wait untill they write to you?
Sorry cant help you on that one, we're new to all this stuff to, but im sure someone on here will be able to help you though.
But while we're on the subject can any tell me if we start filling out the EOI online can we save it, if were half way through it?
Thank you
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

hi

yes it takes ages to fill out!!!

Each section adds up the points so you should know where you are.

Hope that helps
Old Apr 6th 2009, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
hi

yes it takes ages to fill out!!!

Each section adds up the points so you should know where you are.

Hope that helps
Thanks, another question: do you pay at the start or do you pay once you have filled it all out?
Old Apr 6th 2009, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

you pay when you submit the form
Old Apr 6th 2009, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Pinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nice

I found the website excruciatingly slow to load and search, so I've printed off a copy of the EOI to fill in whilst I am getting all the info together. Then I can (hopefully ) fill in the online one all in one go.

That's the plan, anyway....
Old Apr 6th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

To make the EOI quicker to fill out, print out a copy and fill it out so you know what information to hunt for in the house and then sit down and fill it out on line. You can save and return to the form at anytime or even days it will still be there, and as you complete each page there is a tally at the top to tell you how many points you get along the way. You pay for the EOI at the end when you press the button to submit and that's it.

The draw is every Fortnight on a Wednesday and you will know if you have been selected by checking your status when you log in, it will say selected - the best feeling in the world.

Once selected, start to get all your photo copies together and get them certified, get copies of qualifications and proof of relationship (even if married), get your passport photos done, you need loads, find the cheapest panel doctor around for your medical (but don't book it just yet until you receive your ITA), get your police clerance certificate.

If you get all this together, it's alot quicker to submit your ITA. Your ITA is just a computer copy of your EOI, so you will know what information they will require.

All the best

Tee
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Curlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really nice

It took us ages to fill out- longer than 4 hours, but it was ever so slow. We couldn't believe it when we got to the end and the children had to have passports. We've just had to get their photos done, but I've just broken up from work for two weeks so will have to wait to get them signed! I feel like something's telling us not to go.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

As teebrown states, you can save the form as you go and you pay at the end. It does take some time to fill in, so get comfy with a cuppa.

The form will show you your points as you go along. If you want to see what points you might have before you start then you can do a quick check using the POINTS INDICATOR to give you a guide.

I feel like something's telling us not to go.
Ooo nooo Welcome to the immigration process.
Waiting. Patience. More waiting. More patience.

Sending some BE karma all round for all you lot just starting out .
Old Apr 8th 2009, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone, feel i know a lot more about the process now
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Curlywurli
It took us ages to fill out- longer than 4 hours, but it was ever so slow. We couldn't believe it when we got to the end and the children had to have passports. We've just had to get their photos done, but I've just broken up from work for two weeks so will have to wait to get them signed! I feel like something's telling us not to go.

Why don't you go to your local police station to get them signed or doctors?