Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Expos & Children - Bad Mix?!

Expos & Children - Bad Mix?!

Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all
Default Expos & Children - Bad Mix?!

Hi everyone

We are hopefully going to the expo in London on 21st July, but OH is understandably a bit nervous about brining the kids!

Has anyone out there, been to an expo before with kids? Will it be a nightmare? (They are 4 and 7!!!!)
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Expos & Children - Bad Mix?!

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
Hi everyone

We are hopefully going to the expo in London on 21st July, but OH is understandably a bit nervous about brining the kids!

Has anyone out there, been to an expo before with kids? Will it be a nightmare? (They are 4 and 7!!!!)
Hi when we went to Expo in London October 2005 we decided not to take the girls then 6 and 2, so pleased we didnt. We met lots of people and spent a lot of time talking , kids would have been bored and too much of a distraction.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

I agree with annbee - they are very busy and would be boring for the kids. My MIL looked after ours and we had the weekend in London, which gave us time to talk about what we had heard / seen etc (and time to go out, get drunk, stay in a nice hotel!)
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:08 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

We went to the Expo in October 2006 at Earls Court and although we didn't take our 2 year old, we did take a 8 year old and a 12 year old.

They both wanted to come along to see things for themselves and wanted to be able to ask questions. Personally I think they went for the pineapple lumps
Old Jul 9th 2007, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Alifox is just really niceAlifox is just really niceAlifox is just really niceAlifox is just really niceAlifox is just really niceAlifox is just really niceAlifox is just really niceAlifox is just really niceAlifox is just really niceAlifox is just really niceAlifox is just really nice
Red face Re: Expos & Children - Bad Mix?!

I'm afraid that we will be bringing our 2 sprogs, they are 6 & 2. We will be there on the same day- we are booked for the morning. How 'bout you lot? We want to make a weekend out of it, as my eldest Gemma, starts school hols on the Friday. She is really quiet, but Kiera (LO) is a little MONKEY AT THE MO! Will have to dose her up with loads of sugar- free sweets, and bring QUIET toys, and hope for the best. How much noise can she make, after all? :P
Old Jul 9th 2007, 10:50 pm
Dr. Watchers

Scottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really nice

Hi everyone

Hi
We went to the Expo in Edinburgh with our 8 and 7 year old boys. It was very busy and only the balloon making clown and the cafe saved the day for them. they were very bored and if going to another one I would not bring the kids again. They couldn't see very much as everything was above their head height and all the crowds of people were towering over them so they felt very claustrophobic which led to them wanting some space and fresh air and to them being understandably grumpy.

If you have a choice --- leave them at home, that's my advice. You'll have more time for calm adult conversation and waiting in queues!!!

Shirley
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Please forgive my ignorance, but where and when is the Expo next week?

Thanks
Alison
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:19 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by littleal

Thanks
Alison
Hot, long queues and way too much vying for attention ... get a sitter!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by littleal

Thanks
Alison

Don't worry, I initially missed it too, but Maz kindly passed on the details.

Click on below for details.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460123
Old Jul 10th 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stepmother has been saying that she would like to use the kids as an excuse to see Shrek 3, might just suggest next saturday!

(Mind you, I wouldn't mind seeing Shrek 3 myself! )
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorted! Dad and Jackie are having them for the day!

So we can relax and OH won't have an epileptic fit if they breathe too loud!

Anyone else out there aiming for the one at 2ish? We haven't bought tickets - can you just turn up!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:18 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Sorted! Dad and Jackie are having them for the day!

So we can relax and OH won't have an epileptic fit if they breathe too loud!

Anyone else out there aiming for the one at 2ish? We haven't bought tickets - can you just turn up!
We're planning on going to the one at 2 pm. Coming with parents and nearly 6-year old. Bringing lots of quiet toys and books for her. Parents are fully prepared to distract her.