Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Expats in NZ second happiest in BE survey

Expats in NZ second happiest in BE survey

Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:43 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Expats in NZ second happiest in BE survey

http://britishexpats.com/news/latest/happier-abroad/

Sorry if this has been posted on here before - I thought the results of this survey were surprising given the weight of unhappy posts I've read.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:08 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expats in NZ second happiest in BE survey

A small sample of 1,000 people isn't going to tell you much, especially as you don't know what questions the people were asked, nor what "happy" means.

The question could range from are you happy with your new country of residence: yes or no......to....... describe how you feel about your move: sad, happy, very happy, ecstatic.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerner
http://britishexpats.com/news/latest/happier-abroad/

Sorry if this has been posted on here before - I thought the results of this survey were surprising given the weight of unhappy posts I've read.

Speaking of happiness there are apparently 18 regions in NZ.

A recent survey suggests that Nelson is the no 1 area for happiness. Surprise, surprise.

Worst is Buller at 18th and somewhat unsurprisingly (given all its bad press) the Manawatu is 17th!!

They obviously never me what I thought of it!! I love it!!!!!!!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:17 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Genesis

I looked up your link:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4452773a10.html

Appears I am supposed to be the unhappiest person in NZ. Perhaps only us middle aged Otago men took the World Cup defeat badly.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:24 am
Here in Dunedin

Originally Posted by Nerine
A small sample of 1,000 people isn't going to tell you much, especially as you don't know what questions the people were asked, nor what "happy" means.

The question could range from are you happy with your new country of residence: yes or no......to....... describe how you feel about your move: sad, happy, very happy, ecstatic.
Who knows how scientifically valid the survey was - but presumably 75 or so expats in NZ responded and gave their opinions. Its probably at least as valid as reading 75 random posters' views written on the forum, although will lack the detail of course.