Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Expat Kiwis returning

Expat Kiwis returning

Old Jul 1st 2013, 1:25 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Expat Kiwis returning

Since we have a few expats here, care to share your thoughts? For a start, apparently the plural of kiwis is now kiwi, but I don't care! It changed sometime during the 24 years I was away.

Anyway, here's an opinion piece in today's Herald: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/ne...ectid=10893917

Here's a link to a piece on Q and A (about 20 mins in): http://tvnz.co.nz/q-and-a/2013-06-23-video-5473352
Old Jul 1st 2013, 1:48 am
Account Closed

shocked kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expat Kiwis returning

I am a kiwi who lived in the uk. I found I went through a kind of reverse culture shock coming back to Nz. The Uk was better in that you could travel so easily and cheaply and there was so much to do. Nz has become rather expensive in the last 5 years. But of course there are so many pros to Nz as well so this is only my individual thoughts and it depends your stage of life too.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat Kiwis returning

Originally Posted by shocked kiwi
I am a kiwi who lived in the uk. I found I went through a kind of reverse culture shock coming back to Nz. The Uk was better in that you could travel so easily and cheaply and there was so much to do. Nz has become rather expensive in the last 5 years. But of course there are so many pros to Nz as well so this is only my individual thoughts and it depends your stage of life too.
Yeah similar thoughts, I think some of us have to accept that we will never be completely happy (along with other immigrants perhaps). NZ and the UK are different and both have their upsides and downsides. And the grass is always greener.