British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   An excited Hello from Wales (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/excited-hello-wales-682875/)

Aliwales Aug 26th 2010 3:28 pm

An excited Hello from Wales

Hi there:D

My name's Alison and myself and my 2 teenage children are in the process of getting a residency visa with a view to moving in april 2011!!

We're really excited having been to nz in february 2010 to visit friends and loving every moment we were there!

Maybe looking to move to the hibiscus coast, the girls are taken with the idea of a beach lifestyle, but our friends currently live in the east .. maraetai/beachlands area.

Any hints and tips about moving would be gratefully received!!!

Love the forum already picked up some good advice reading from others experiences!

Ali :)

MrsCheeks Aug 26th 2010 4:37 pm

Re: An excited Hello from Wales

Hi Ali, have just joined the foums myself today - we are hoping for late to end Dec 2012 for our move :D

Lots of informative threads on here, really glad I found the site.

Vik

Flower Pot Aug 26th 2010 8:33 pm

Hi both and welcome! :D

You are definately making the right decision... we have been here 2 months and LOVE it!

We are on the Hibiscus Coast (Stanmore Bay) and its fab. Beaches everywhere, great place for adults and kids.

Any Q's I'd be happy to help, know how stressful the whole process can be! Deffo worth it tho! :eek:

Aliwales Aug 27th 2010 7:32 pm

Hi Vik, Yes it has been really informative, April feels ages away when you're waiting, the kids are awfully impatient he he!

and Hello Flowerpot! Stanmore Bay ... that's where we are hoping to end up, rental prices seem to stretch a bit further there, having spent a little time trawling on trade me nz lol!!:D

Do you find that the area is a reasonable distance to the northern auckland regions? I understand they have a new expressway there now making it a more accessible area. Asking becasue the nearest hospital for me to work in would be northshore or waitakere city

Ali x

mumbee2 Aug 27th 2010 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Aliwales (Post 8805184)

My name's Alison and myself and my 2 teenage children are in the process of getting a residency visa with a view to moving in april 2011!!

We're really excited having been to nz in february 2010 to visit friends and loving every moment we were there!

Maybe looking to move to the hibiscus coast, the girls are taken with the idea of a beach lifestyle, but our friends currently live in the east .. maraetai/beachlands area.

Love the forum already picked up some good advice reading from others experiences!

Welcome and enjoy the journey to your new lives. We leave in 3 weeks time and time is flying fast. Soak up all the advise you get and enjoy your time on here!

Flower Pot Sep 1st 2010 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Aliwales (Post 8808208)
Stanmore Bay ... that's where we are hoping to end up, rental prices seem to stretch a bit further there, having spent a little time trawling on trade me nz lol!!:D

Do you find that the area is a reasonable distance to the northern auckland regions? I understand they have a new expressway there now making it a more accessible area. Asking becasue the nearest hospital for me to work in would be northshore or waitakere city

Ali x

Hi Ali - yes, it only take about 40 mins from ours to the city and North Shore Hospital is before the bridge so probs looking at 30 mins I reckon. Not far from the motorway and deffo worth it for the beaches!

Yeah your right, more for your money in Stanmore, also Gulf Harbour is reasonable but you'd be adding an extra 20 mins onto your journey!

Good luck! x

Dewb09 Sep 1st 2010 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Aliwales (Post 8805184)

Originally Posted by MrsCheeks (Post 8805347)
Hi Ali, have just joined the foums myself today - we are hoping for late to end Dec 2012 for our move :D

Lots of informative threads on here, really glad I found the site.

Vik

Hi & welcome to both of you. Have been in NZ a whole 3 weeks now! You will get some really good tips and find stacks of info on here. I was so pleased I found the site before we headed over.

Good luck to both of you with the big move

Dewb