Exchange rates...

Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:44 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exchange rates...

whats the deal these days? has anyone been keeping an eye on them for me?!

i am not very good on economics and all that jazz. but just wondering what the predictions are for NZD/GBP in say 6 months time?

while the GBP is strong, I thought about buying a load of NZD with the anticipation that we will be coming over at some point - get as many dollars as we can now before the NZD gets stronger. In the meantime i can be earning some NZD interest etc etc.

If the earlier theories that the NZD will strengthen in early 2007, and we dont come out, i can sell my NZDs and get more GBPs.

does that make sense? and can i do that?
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rates...

Originally Posted by dreamfish
whats the deal these days? has anyone been keeping an eye on them for me?!

i am not very good on economics and all that jazz. but just wondering what the predictions are for NZD/GBP in say 6 months time?

while the GBP is strong, I thought about buying a load of NZD with the anticipation that we will be coming over at some point - get as many dollars as we can now before the NZD gets stronger. In the meantime i can be earning some NZD interest etc etc.

If the earlier theories that the NZD will strengthen in early 2007, and we dont come out, i can sell my NZDs and get more GBPs.

does that make sense? and can i do that?

exchange rate at mo 2.85,
3 is expected by march it think
i'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong
Old Sep 29th 2006, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of
Default Re: Exchange rates...

Originally Posted by poppets
exchange rate at mo 2.85,
3 is expected by march it think
i'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong

Wouldn't dream of it!

Dave