EXCHANGE RATE!!!

Old Mar 2nd 2010, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: EXCHANGE RATE!!!

If Brown gets in again it will be the death knell for the pound. However, if the Tories get a good majority then it may have a bounce back for a short while. But, it's still a waiting game. If the pound is finished then it will inevitably have an effect elsewhere.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 4:25 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitesand
If Brown gets in again it will be the death knell for the pound. However, if the Tories get a good majority then it may have a bounce back for a short while. But, it's still a waiting game. If the pound is finished then it will inevitably have an effect elsewhere.
You have been listening to a different financial debate than me. After the latest speech by DC and the poll diff falling to 2% then we will be better off with a GB lead as the financial sector trust his ability to handle monetary probs. Looking at the slow decline of the GBP against the Euro over the last few years then why should the £ regain strength.......from where and what stimulus?
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:16 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Don't think the pound will gain particularly from anything it does, but given the state of the Euro-zone and the fairly universally accepted fact that the Kiwi $ is over valued then once the election is cleared then the stable political outlook (barring hung parliament and uncovering more of GB's bungling in the treasury) will give the UK a bit of a base to build from; or at least not sink any lower while the rest continue to drop.

Have to admit, I disagree with Stormer999 on the reasons for GB leading. I think the financial sector prefer GB as despite all his words, the actions - in particular ones that would be punitive to the big money men - have been pretty flimsy in the least. Of course, we may easily both be wrong - such is the joy of politics....

Anyone got any tips for the Grand National this year?
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:52 am
DGH
Danni

DGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really nice

Originally Posted by Genesis
Know how you feel. Whilst I am here and am grateful to be here financial things have been rotten for us. We lost just under $100k in the finance house melt down and we have always been unlucky with currency trading. We buy large then it goes against us in a BIG way just months later. I know its onlt money but time is running out for me at 51 to get my funds right for my pension..they reckon there won't be one here in 15 years odd. Fortunately Kate's dad saved us from utter ruin with a living will ...alas the money is still in the Uk as we like you hoped it would pick up. Don't know what to do now. Last expert told be to buy at $2.50 as it was heading south of that..2 weeks later it was $2.64 and we bought..within months it was $3. The great white hope is that the kiwi $ which is hugely overvalued (total reverse to the GBP) will devalue giving the GBP a bounce back..that and a little bouying from a good election result are our only hopes..or does anyone know any different??
Ok Genesis, you let me know when you decide to change your pounds to dollars and I'll do mine one month after that. I'll be destined to get a better rate then as it always seems to improve after you change yours!!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DGH
Ok Genesis, you let me know when you decide to change your pounds to dollars and I'll do mine one month after that. I'll be destined to get a better rate then as it always seems to improve after you change yours!!
Okey doke!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 4:53 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It's me that's probably putting the kiss of death on the thing. I've a small legacy coming
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:13 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teeym
Anyone got any tips for the Grand National this year?
A horse will win.

Probably.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:16 am
`

Originally Posted by simonsi
A horse will win.
Or a rabbit
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:12 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Any correct predictions of the exchange rate between $NZ and £GB between now and August 2011 will be greatly appreciated......
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:14 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Any correct predictions of the exchange rate between $NZ and £GB between now and August 2011 will be greatly appreciated......
All my predictions are correct until hindsight proves otherwise
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

Yep, and I'll stand by mine too. GB will have to eventually face up to the fact that the economy is bad. Therefore, either way, cuts will come. Also, the kiwi dollar is vastly over-valued and will eventually go down. I've seen these changes before and they will happen again. The pound, like the US dollar, will eventually improve. It's the euro that's going to cause problems in the future, and isn't the euro and the NZ dollar tied up somehow?
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:00 pm
`

How long is eventually?

Can it just get sorted by the end of April ?
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up waiting and just transferred my pension over, think i managed to get it at 0.44 so not all bad.

And I was complaining a couple of years back when we first arrived that it was at 0.38

I dont see a massive drop in the Kiwi against the major currencies, but fingers crossed for the people who are either on their way over or are looking to bring funds over