Excess Baggage

Old Jun 29th 2014, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

LozBeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Excess Baggage

Hi there, can anyone recommend an excess baggage company to ship one of my suitcases ahead of travel please?

I get 40kg with Singapore Airlines but I'm travelling alone with a one year old, a buggy and two lots of hand luggage, so I would like to take one suitcase as opposed to two (8 months pregnant also).

Will I have to pay customs in addition to any freight costs? I'm only sending clothes. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old Jun 29th 2014, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Blade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Excess Baggage

8 months pregnant!!!!!!!!

Have they given you the all clear to travel on a long distance flight?
Old Jun 30th 2014, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blade Down Under
8 months pregnant!!!!!!!!

Have they given you the all clear to travel on a long distance flight?
My first thought exactly.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 5:52 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You shouldn't have to pay customs duty if you are immigrating and hold a relevant visa. With worn clothes you'd probably be fine anyway, I shipped over a bag of clothes when I entered NZ as a visitor in 2008 and did not pay duty.
I can't really help with the companies, I did use Parcelmonkey to ship something from the UK to the USA recently and it arrived perfectly fine [and it was slightly fragile so I was a little concerned]
They also use Parcelforce and DHL etc but work out cheaper than using them directly.

As the others have mentioned, presumably Singapore Airlines are ok with you travelling
Old Jun 30th 2014, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I'm good to fly with a doctor's letter, I had this checked out before I booked with them. They're providing airport assistance both sides so they're really good. It's my domestic flight the next day that's worrying me as I'll be struggling with all the baggage.

We've got PR visas so we're ok there, so that's good to know on the duty front Persephone.

Not ideal travelling so late on but I had / still have a lot of loose ends to tie up here along with work commitments, such is life! My OH left over two months ago and it wasn't plausible for us all to leave then :-( Not long now though :-D
Old Jun 30th 2014, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

PSS quoted me £235 for 26kg, so I'll give parcel monkey a shout....
Old Jun 30th 2014, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

smileypigface is just really nicesmileypigface is just really nicesmileypigface is just really nicesmileypigface is just really nicesmileypigface is just really nicesmileypigface is just really nicesmileypigface is just really nicesmileypigface is just really nicesmileypigface is just really nice

I've just sent 3 x 30kg boxes from UK to Auckland (additional household items that didn't go with our main shipment in January) - I sent them with Seven Seas - they dropped off the empty cartons and collected them when full - provided all the paperwork etc.

It cost £137 GBP this end and another $136NZ on arrival in Auckland. Delivery to our address in Auckland in included in this price.

I didn't think that was a bad deal at all
Old Jun 30th 2014, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

That's really good Smiley!

How long did it take end to end?
Old Jun 30th 2014, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

smileypigface is just really nicesmileypigface is just really nicesmileypigface is just really nicesmileypigface is just really nicesmileypigface is just really nicesmileypigface is just really nicesmileypigface is just really nicesmileypigface is just really nicesmileypigface is just really nice

I opted, by choice, to have them store my boxes for 4 weeks (for free) before they shipped - they have now started their journey and are scheduled to take 9 weeks I believe.

I've been impressed with the service so far!
Old Jun 30th 2014, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Great thanks I'll give them a shout