Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

excellent way to send gifts to and from nz

excellent way to send gifts to and from nz

Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light
Default excellent way to send gifts to and from nz

sorry if this is long winded but i came up with the idea whilst danny was in nz and it all came together brilliantly.

firstly i thought i would like to send him a gift to let him know i was thinking of him but i knew he wouldnt appreciate flowers so i did the following....

i registered with woolworths (nz) home shopping i put the address where he was staying as mine with my uk contact number and e-mail address, then i shopped online i got him a crate of beer a toblerone a top gear magazine and a big bag of chips( perfect gift for the weekend for a bloke!!!), then i just put the delivery slot in paid with my debit card and hey presto it arrived on time to him and he was made up with it, they even put a message on it for me( there is box that says any instructions for you packer i wrote the message in there) and it only cost me around £18.00

you can do this on any home delivery supermarket website and remember its not just food they can deliver its anything on there website.

hope this helps a few people out there who dont want to spend a lot of money on a useless gift just for the sake of sending something..

gina
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:49 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: excellent way to send gifts to and from nz

Now that's going in my file of invaluable information
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

i surprised myself when i thought of that one who said blondes are dumb???
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:03 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's another one for you.... can't remember which member it was but they did the same with Tesco online shopping. Booked from NZ - although had to warn relative it was coming so they could be there for the delivery slot

Tan
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

so it can be done both ways

bye bye expensive gift relay companies,
Old Mar 15th 2008, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

It was father-in-law's 70th this year so we sent him some wine from Tesco. Apart from making sure which delivery time suited them best, it was sweet as!!
Old Mar 15th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilma & co
It was father-in-law's 70th this year so we sent him some wine from Tesco. Apart from making sure which delivery time suited them best, it was sweet as!!
Hi,
Do you mean you used an NZ credit card to buy the things in england or did you use an English card.

Thanks

Carole
Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

My address for the card is NZ but it is the one I had when I was in the UK - don't know if that makes any difference?
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:11 am
It might take a while!

Marjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to all

We discovered the same thing.
Sent Father in law a Digital Photo Frame (which he had never heard of) from an NZ store. Registered online did all from the UK. How we love technology. It cost the same as UK prices which pleased us Then we posted over a 4GB flash memory with lots of photos for his birthday and it blew him away. He has never met his grandchildren But he will when we move there later this year

Martin and Jo
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

ex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really nice

I have got a ASB credit card and have used it on sainsburys website to send food deliverys to my son and daughter in UK. Its great as you can send some goodies for christmas etc .WORD OF WARNING I had forgot how much choice you got at sainsburys and you can get quite homesick They still do buy one free specials !!

Last edited by ex geordie; Mar 16th 2008 at 9:03 am.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:31 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gina and danny
i surprised myself when i thought of that one who said blondes are dumb???

Me!!!!!!

(and those of them that have met me, will tell you I AM blonde!!)
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

What a brilliant idea. Thanks for posting that. My hubby is in NZ without us at the moment, so that could be a great way of sending him a little gift