Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Ex threatening to withdraw permission for son to go to NZ unless money is paid.

Ex threatening to withdraw permission for son to go to NZ unless money is paid.

Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ex threatening to withdraw permission for son to go to NZ unless money is paid.

Originally Posted by BEVS
Correct Fi.

This post was originally in the bar. It was me that moved your post and the one response out to a place of it's own.

I see no intention to 'drip feed' by J19 at all. She has never done such a thing with this subject and I doubt she would start now. The posts for this thread have simply evolved, as they do. The full story is here on BE for anyone to read & J19fmm solicitor will have an entire library about this case. It has been a long and difficult journey . Am not sure why JAJ's, Sherlock's & J19's posts have all been pounced on in the way they have.

Most posters have said that legal advice is a way to go. The head of Welly Immy has now stated the visa situation is a done deal. This 6K is to remain lodged with a solicitor for the purpose of airfares ........one hopes.

Police matter - not a police matter. I personally couldn't be sure but I'd cover all bases, make sure it was known and they could only say no.

You know. The forum is all about caring , sharing, support & a wee bit of help /guidance along the way. Really can't see quite why J19fmm and some of the posters have been given a rough ride for simply using the forum as it is intended.

To be further clear here. J19fmm is currently in the UK. The ex has already given permission, had the cooling off period and did not withdraw the permission. This hasn't all been done on the back of a serviette. There is a legal agreement in place.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ex threatening to withdraw permission for son to go to NZ unless money is paid.

[QUOTE=BEVS;10663113

Police matter - not a police matter. I personally couldn't be sure but I'd cover all bases, make sure it was known and they could only say no.
[/QUOTE]

As serving police officer this will be seen as a civil matter, police wouldn't get involved and advise to seek a solicitors advice
Old Apr 18th 2013, 1:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moonie2011
As serving police officer this will be seen as a civil matter, police wouldn't get involved and advise to seek a solicitors advice
Except that demanding money with malign intent is extortion and hence criminal, even if the police haven't got the interest or energy to deal with it.

Anyway, if the agreements are in place and the visas granted, there's likely (confirm with a solicitor) only one thing he could try to do and that's go back to court. Whether or not the court would take such a request seriously is another issue that a good solicitor can advise on. I somehow doubt that family law allows a person who makes a legal agreement to allow X to subsequently change mind on a whim. Otherwise, what's the value of the agreement in the first place?