British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   EWRB - What to send.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/ewrb-what-send-743959/)

HeatherGirl Jan 5th 2012 9:56 pm

EWRB - What to send....

Hi guys,

I'm a clueless newbie so apologies but I've been trawling through all the posts relating to EWRB but I still couldn't find an answer!

We're about to send away certified copies of my husband's qualifications to the EWRB prior to submitting our EOI so that we may hopefully :fingerscrossed: receive a letter stating what he requires to do (H&S etc) to get a provisional license. I've read from previous posts that this letter is acceptable to Immigration to enable us to claim points. If I've understood correctly that is!!!

I can't seem to find any info on the EWRB pages as to what format and how much detail is required for the work experience. Should he list in detail all the work he does and then just get it signed by his employer? Should it be hand written?

Please if any kind Sparky could shed some light... As they've said it could take 8 weeks, I don't want to have to resend it all...
Yours very confused,:unsure:
HeatherGirl

mwhite1962 Jan 6th 2012 6:40 am

Re: EWRB - What to send....

Hiya,
If you want to PM me with a personal email address i will forward a copy of the letter that i sent in, they basically want 4 years experience and details of the work carried out, i.e types of cable used, details of terminations, installation of traywork, trunking, conduit, my letter that i sent in will explain more.

Mick

ishaw18 Jun 30th 2012 7:03 pm

Hi mick any chanced of a copy of that letter mate, I am also struggling to find out exactly what they need! Cheers Ian

mwhite1962 Jul 1st 2012 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by ishaw18 (Post 10147808)
Hi mick any chanced of a copy of that letter mate, I am also struggling to find out exactly what they need! Cheers Ian

Yep, not a problem, just pm your email address and will send acopy over.

Mick

ishaw18 Jul 1st 2012 7:25 pm

Hi mick it will not let me on you, I think maybe it's because I'm new on the forum. Ian

steelblue Jul 1st 2012 10:59 pm

Hi HeatherGirl,
It does feel like a mammoth task sorting out all the EWRB stuff doesn't it! It does get easier. Out of interest, what type of electrician is your husband? General sparky, or powerlines?

ishaw18 Jul 2nd 2012 2:53 pm

Hi steel blue, we stopped in rotorua last time we were there, we did white water rafting, loved it.
I see you have been there a while now, is work easily found? I'm a general sparks but retrained 4 years ago and now I'm cable jointing up to 11kv is there much call for able jointers??

mwhite1962 Jul 4th 2012 7:37 am

Hi,
I am guessing you realise you have to complete the sparkies course over here before you get full registration!!

Mick

mwhite1962 Jul 4th 2012 7:43 am

Originally Posted by mwhite1962 (Post 10153776)
Hi,
I am guessing you realise you have to complete the sparkies course over here before you get full registration!!

Mick

Meant to say, where abouts you plan on settling? am from Rotorua myself and going by the job mails i get , it seems to be picking up especially around Hamilton and Tauranga, checkout seek.com or trademe.co.nz.

Good luck,

Mick

HeatherGirl Jul 4th 2012 1:40 pm

Hi Steelblue
He's a general sparkie - he's done industrial and domestic. We finally got through the EWRB shenanigans and his limited licence arrived last week! :thumbsup:
He has a job waiting for him in Taranaki as soon as our visas come through.

HeatherGirl

steelblue Jul 5th 2012 2:48 am

Hi HeatherGirl
Congratulations on getting the EWRB Limited Licence and great news about the job! :thumbup:

So, you've been pulled from the pool and submitted your visa's? Hopefully it will all go very quickly for you. From memory, I think once we got the job offer we submitted our EOI and within about 12weeks we had those famous little blue visa stickers in our passports!

Rich came out here as a linesman (or line mechanic as they like to call the job over here. There is always a demand for Electricians for home and the powerlines companies are always in need of good qualified people.

Good Luck with your move to Taranaki - if you pop over to Rotorua be sure to drop us a line, we can meet up for a coffee. :)

BEVS Jul 5th 2012 6:47 am

What a great thread from you all. Makes me happy :)

HeatherGirl Jul 5th 2012 8:35 pm

Aww thank you Steelblue

Our visas were approved yesterday:thumbsup: so just awaiting the blueys, hopefully we'll be out at the end of July...

We were delighted and surprised to get a job offer prior to arrival - just shows you it can be done. Not sure I'll find it so easy to get work mind you, as a newly qualified teacher - but I'm remaining positive (some may say naive!).

I sure will give you a shout if we're ever in Rotorua - it looks amazing!

HeatherGirl

steelblue Jul 6th 2012 6:05 am

A little something if you are heading towards Rotorua :)

http://www.rotorua-business.com/settlement/default.asp