Etihad Airlines

Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

autawa is a jewel in the roughautawa is a jewel in the roughautawa is a jewel in the roughautawa is a jewel in the roughautawa is a jewel in the rough
Default Etihad Airlines

Has anyone flown with them? what are they like? looking at going back in Aug, they are the cheapest by far flying to manchester
Old Apr 9th 2013, 3:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Etihad Airlines

I'll be watching this with interest. Have a friend who would like to attend her parents Golden Wedding Anniversay but simply can't afford the current prices.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

autawa is a jewel in the roughautawa is a jewel in the roughautawa is a jewel in the roughautawa is a jewel in the roughautawa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'll be watching this with interest. Have a friend who would like to attend her parents Golden Wedding Anniversay but simply can't afford the current prices.
The flight was $2356, online, code share with Virgin Australia, i just went ahead and booked it!! All other Airlines were coming back over 3000 which i just couldn't afford.

Im only going for 9 days, its my sisters wedding, she doesn't know im coming, can't wait to suprise the family
Old Apr 9th 2013, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Was $2388 not $2356
Old Apr 9th 2013, 4:53 am
`

Originally Posted by autawa
The flight was $2356, online, code share with Virgin Australia, i just went ahead and booked it!! All other Airlines were coming back over 3000 which i just couldn't afford.
Good one.
Im only going for 9 days, its my sisters wedding, she doesn't know im coming, can't wait to suprise the family
That's just so brilliant.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 4:56 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

I remember my first flight to Melbourne from LHR in 2002.

£500.00 return!!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

We fles with they were good no complaints we had an medical emergency and had to divert they kept us informef and managed to get all connecting flights held in Abu Dhai which was exxcellant we flew all the way to London from Sydney comfortable and clean what e saw of Abu Dhabi airport it lookedcas good as Singapore or Hong Kong
Old Apr 10th 2013, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

We flew with them last year. They were fine but not the best airline I've been with. Did find the team-talk held at the check-in desks (Manchester only) very frustrating, especially as the official check-in time had already passed. A minor issue though.

Stewards on-board are perhaps not as attentive as other airlines (don't come round with top-ups of drinks) but if you ask for another cuppa or glass of wine that isn't a problem. I was grateful for the lack of attention on the second leg between Abu Dhabi & Sydney because I had a chest infection & was feeling sh1t so being left alone was great .

The second leg didn't have that many people on it so I had 3 seats to myself just behind the bulkhead, so I was able to stretch out. The first leg from Mancs was full though, seats were comfortable enough & the leg room wasn't too bad.

Would I fly with them again.......yes!

Look out for the 'blue' plane, OH saw it at Abu Dhabi (we returned separately) & was well chuffed as he's been a lifelong MCFC supporter.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies have read reviews online, some they are terrible, others great! im just happy to be going
Old Apr 11th 2013, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

I had 2 flights with them last year and go free up grades both times to business class !!!

No complaints as far as I am concerned.

Gill
Old Apr 11th 2013, 10:38 am
`

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
I had 2 flights with them last year and go free up grades both times to business class !!!

Gill
Thanks Gill. Much appreciated.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Etihad Airlines

They say an Islamic prayer just before take off....which I thought was rather nice.

Having flown several other times I found their safety briefing a little slack and very long as it is in Arabic and English.

The food is ...... errrrrrrrrrrrr.............ummmmmmh.............ba sic and not very appetising but adequate for the journey......just!

One thing that got right up my pipe though was fact that you are instructed to pull down your window blinds for the whole journey, I actually like to look out and it did cheese me off a tad.

Finally they are very proud of their sponsorship of MCFC, but it did lose a little bit of momentum when they said:

Etihad, proud sponsors of Manchester City football club - Go the mighty Harlequins!
Old Apr 12th 2013, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob

Gill
I have never, ever been upgraded. Tried everything, (within reason) dressing nicely, always polite. Going back in July so any tips on how to get an upgrade, much appreciated.
Personally I always think the airline is only as good as the crew you get on the day. We flew virgin and Qantas out here which I was looking forward too. Both were terrible, but probably due to the fact the plane was totally full and the crew overstretched.
Kaz
Old Apr 13th 2013, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
... as he's been a lifelong MCFC supporter.
Always makes me giggle when people confirm their long term commitment to a club when they get successful. It's such a British thing to do. Almost an apology.

City of all teams have been through the mire, whilst I don't enjoy the fact that money buys success in football the "man and boy" city fans deserve a break.

I certainly wouldn't turn do a multi billionaire at my club for a few trophies ...

Anyway ... Back on topic ...
Old Apr 14th 2013, 2:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
Always makes me giggle when people confirm their long term commitment to a club when they get successful. It's such a British thing to do. Almost an apology.

City of all teams have been through the mire, whilst I don't enjoy the fact that money buys success in football the "man and boy" city fans deserve a break.

I certainly wouldn't turn do a multi billionaire at my club for a few trophies ...

Anyway ... Back on topic ...
Me & my OH have never hidden our allegiance to MCFC throughout the years and most of them have been very, very trying. So we certainly aren't jumping on the band wagon if that's what you're suggesting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.