Estate Agents

Old Mar 14th 2013, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

S_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the rough
Default Estate Agents

We're trying to sort out a short term rental apartment in Wellington whilst still in the UK and I have to say NZ Estate Agents are not impressing me. Whenever we ring they're out (at all times of the day). We leave email addresses to arrange a time to call them back, they don't email.

Has anyone got any good advice or good landlords even? We just want something for a couple of months prior to a getting more long term rental house in a good school area.

Counting to 10 now....
Old Mar 14th 2013, 7:01 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Estate Agents

have you tried looking on Trademe and open2view web sites?. they list lots of rentals and also list the agents that have them
Old Mar 14th 2013, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

burbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this point

Most agents/landlords don't respond to overseas enquiries. Like job hunting, you generally have to be here.Too much effort with the possibility of it being a scam,hoax or fruitless.

Can your employer help you on this? Ours found a rental for us.

Do you know anyone over here who can at least find something temporary for you?

Hope something turns up for you
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S_and_T View Post
We're trying to sort out a short term rental apartment in Wellington whilst still in the UK and I have to say NZ Estate Agents are not impressing me. Whenever we ring they're out (at all times of the day). We leave email addresses to arrange a time to call them back, they don't email.

Has anyone got any good advice or good landlords even? We just want something for a couple of months prior to a getting more long term rental house in a good school area.

Counting to 10 now....
I don't think they would bother mate. It's not rude - they're just being realistic. What are the chances of completing on a lease with the individual still overseas? In their eyes I would say that's low. Estate agents are so low paid over here that they will just focus on the safer bets frankly.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S_and_T View Post

Counting to 10 now....
It's the Kiwi way, best get used to it and be prepared to use a LOT more than your fingers and toes for counting !

I think you're wasting your time anyway, you really don't want to be renting anything without having seen it first and even if you were here the agents generally expect you to at least have done a drive-by before they'll take you through the property.

Nobody is gonna be that keep on letting anything less than six months either, uness you're looking at serviced apartments.