Essential Skills Visa Help

Essential Skills Visa Help

Old Jul 12th 2017, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Chamb33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Essential Skills Visa Help

Hi all,

Hope you can all help me!

I have a job offer for New Zealand and my job role is under the Immediate Shortage list, so I was planning on applying for the Essential skills visa.

My partner is also planning on coming, however he needs to get on my visa as he doesn't have a job yet and has already used 2 years of a working holiday visa a few years back.

Can someone please give me an idiots guide to what we need for the visa and how it all works?

Do we need medicals and chest x-rays? What evidence do we need to provide? Is it better to apply online or by form? Can we apply at the same time??

I would appreciate all your help, starting to panick!
Old Jul 12th 2017, 7:43 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Essential Skills Visa Help

I'd recommend a good read of the Immigration NZ website, it really does answer those questions.

Initial application is online via the points system - then you will need to submit paper forms with your paper evidence, certs etc once selected. Having a job offer alone isn't a guarantee of a visa except in certain circumstances. You and partner will need to apply at the same time, the visas will be processed together. Sticking point would be if you don't meet the partner criteria (12mths+ stable and meaningful relationship basically)