Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

EOI- they said yes!

EOI- they said yes!

Old Oct 11th 2006, 2:44 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI- they said yes!

Originally Posted by trigod
Does anyone else get giddy at the thought of telling your boss to shove their job and see how they will cope without you?
done that already - in a nice sort of way - the missus is looking forward to it as one of her colleagues is a real bi£ch and loves NZ - can't wait to hear how she will take it when Lisa says I'm off there and you can't stay you "cow"!!!!
Old Oct 11th 2006, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

Originally Posted by lardyl
done that already - in a nice sort of way - the missus is looking forward to it as one of her colleagues is a real bi£ch and loves NZ - can't wait to hear how she will take it when Lisa says I'm off there and you can't stay you "cow"!!!!

He he. I think I need to quit soon as I work with morons who base their lives around soaps and holidays to the same hotel in Spain every year! They will probably ask... why are you going there can you get Walkers!!!!! (MORONS!)

Phew feel better after that! (Ps I dont mind that people watch soaps or go to Spain but you get my point!)
Old Oct 11th 2006, 5:17 pm
within Touching distance

GowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to all

Well done to all of you.

We got our EOI accepted in Sept and have just had our final "interview". Originally had a job offer which speeded up the process but we have had to turn the job down as we haven't sold our house and the job should have started last week!!!!

Feedback from the interview (on the phone) was that it was 99% likely that we would be issued a work to residency visa in the next two weeks. Actually we will be given an invitation to apply for a WTR visa. Does anyone know how long this invite lasts? I know the visa is valid for 6 months but not sure how long the invite stays open.

I hope we sell our house soon as I don't want to have gone through the whole process only for things to expire because of a "small" thing like selling my house!! It has been on the market since May. Can't understand it? it is here - http://britishexpats.com/classifieds...1&cat=7&page=1 if you know anyone coming back to UK....

Hopefully we will be arriving in CC in the new year

Adam, Claire and Ethan
Old Oct 11th 2006, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by danny.f
Last night,during the wee hours,the panel decided that we would make super neighbours despite our loudness,crim records,obesity (may yet be a problem!! ),child battering tendencies,will see you all soon-ladies and gentlemen-the diet is ON!!!

Now what-flights for 16th Jan,medicals end November, I am sooooooooooooo excited! Take care everyone-taking Mrs to train stn-speak soon!
Congratulations, Danny and Donna - one step closer to Wellington!!
Old Oct 11th 2006, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone else get giddy at the thought of telling your boss to shove their job and see how they will cope without you?
Nope.... loved it.... she really was the biggest b1tch out and made my life difficult for the last 12 months I was there. She also spent 9 months in NZ a few years ago and loved it so was really jealous. I have since heard shes lost her job.... couldnt happen to a nicer person. Sorry to come across so nasty but she really was useless as a T/L.

Good luck with the rest of the application danny!!
Old Oct 11th 2006, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Well done Danny and Donna

It6s all downhill from here, but no more visits to the bar off the beer for your medicals
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Last night,during the wee hours,the panel decided that we would make super neighbours despite our loudness,crim records,obesity (may yet be a problem!! ),child battering tendencies,will see you all soon-ladies and gentlemen-the diet is ON!!!

Now what-flights for 16th Jan,medicals end November, I am sooooooooooooo excited! Take care everyone-taking Mrs to train stn-speak soon!
excellent news guys!
Sounds like you'll fit right in, well, learn how to drive badly and develop a drink problem and your sweet
Only kidding

January....it will be BEAUTIFUL here then
Old Oct 11th 2006, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DiffordA
Hi Folks!

A huge congrats to everyone who got selected last night/this morning!!

I just wanted to ask a question - and you may think I am being a bit thick so feel free to comment - but I was just a bit confused. Some people who have only just been selected seem to be talking about heading over to NZ in January. I have seen posts recently about ITAs taking around 3 months to come through after selection and so I was curious about how this was going to be possible. Is it a case of you just getting yourselves over there and dealing with completing your applications from that end or are you just being optimistic about timings.

Sorry if I have missed a hugely obvious point but I am just curious about various plans. Any offerings would be great!

Thanks, Amy
Amy you bloody star-this is what I'm asking-so they've said we can all come in principal ( ), but what now? I wanna go in Jan,with shit stamped and all things dooby doo? But is this possible?
Old Oct 11th 2006, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Amy you bloody star-this is what I'm asking-so they've said we can all come in principal ( ), but what now? I wanna go in Jan,with shit stamped and all things dooby doo? But is this possible?
okie dokie
as far as i can find out

EOI submitted late May early june 2005
ITA issued 9 june 2005
ITA submitted 2 sept 05
PR granted 22 nov 05
lovely blue stickerson passports 16 dec 05

had no job offers throught out this process, applied under skilled migrat.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppets
okie dokie
as far as i can find out

EOI submitted late May early june 2005
ITA issued 9 june 2005
ITA submitted 2 sept 05
PR granted 22 nov 05
lovely blue stickerson passports 16 dec 05

had no job offers throught out this process, applied under skilled migrat.
Jesus pops.that's 7 months!What took 3 months with the ITA? And can I love someone I've never met?
Old Oct 11th 2006, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus pops.that's 7 months!What took 3 months with the ITA? And can I love someone I've never met?
just getting the paperwork together, you get 4 mths to submit it after being invited, but remember we had no job offers, so thyey could put yours through quicker, & we had nothing to rush for
Old Oct 11th 2006, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

He he. I think I need to quit soon as I work with morons who base their lives around soaps and holidays to the same hotel in Spain every year! They will probably ask... why are you going there can you get Walkers!!!!! (MORONS!)

Phew feel better after that! (Ps I dont mind that people watch soaps or go to Spain but you get my point!)
I am the walkers crisps idiot here!!!!! It never even occured to me before I came out here that the crisps would be rubbish and I would actually miss them, but not quite enough to make me runn home to the uk.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kwprwn
I am the walkers crisps idiot here!!!!! It never even occured to me before I came out here that the crisps would be rubbish and I would actually miss them, but not quite enough to make me runn home to the uk.

...just enough to run to Browns Bay or Orewa
Old Oct 11th 2006, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jude J
...just enough to run to Browns Bay or Orewa
you have got me sussed out havent you???

easy to please me...in some things anyway
Old Oct 12th 2006, 6:32 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Danny and Donna and everyone else who has had the OK.
Danny - we were accepted (EOI) in July and here I am sat in Hamilton Library (NZ not Scotland!) in October and loving it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.