British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   EOI- they said yes! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/eoi-they-said-yes-401591/)

danny.f Oct 11th 2006 9:31 am

EOI- they said yes!

Last night,during the wee hours,the panel decided that we would make super neighbours despite our loudness,crim records,obesity (may yet be a problem!! :D ),child battering tendencies,will see you all soon-ladies and gentlemen-the diet is ON!!! :D :beer: :beer:

Now what-flights for 16th Jan,medicals end November, I am sooooooooooooo excited! Take care everyone-taking Mrs to train stn-speak soon!

poppets Oct 11th 2006 9:36 am

Re: EOI- they said yes!

Originally Posted by danny.f
Last night,during the wee hours,the panel decided that we would make super neighbours despite our loudness,crim records,obesity (may yet be a problem!! :D ),child battering tendencies,will see you all soon-ladies and gentlemen-the diet is ON!!! :D :beer: :beer:

Now what-flights for 16th Jan,medicals end November, I am sooooooooooooo excited! Take care everyone-taking Mrs to train stn-speak soon!

wow dan thats fantastic news , well done you guys :beer:

Wiz'n'Ton Oct 11th 2006 9:48 am

That's great news Dan - congratulations.

From people just starting the process, it's great to see that it does end successfully at some point! :D

Many many :beer: :beer: :beer: 's for you today, eh? :)

Wiz'n'Ton

lardyl Oct 11th 2006 11:06 am

well dome m8ty....
maybe see ya there when we land in mid Jan if I can gt some tickets..... have a :beer: on me...... ian

wot time did you find out? - I found out ours at work this morning.... :D

danny.f Oct 11th 2006 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by lardyl
well dome m8ty....
maybe see ya there when we land in mid Jan if I can gt some tickets..... have a :beer: on me...... ian

wot time did you find out? - I found out ours at work this morning.... :D

Congrats to you too Ian! Bout 9am,we found out-I screamed like Ned Flanders! Get in! When are you going? When's your leaving do?

danny.f Oct 11th 2006 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
That's great news Dan - congratulations.

From people just starting the process, it's great to see that it does end successfully at some point! :D

Many many :beer: :beer: :beer: 's for you today, eh? :)

Wiz'n'Ton

It's not that painful (yet) stay chilled,don't be in a rush,and it aint too bad. Good luck to you too. :)

trigod Oct 11th 2006 1:00 pm

It's not that painful (yet) stay chilled,don't be in a rush,and it aint too bad. Good luck to you too. :)

US TOO!!!! It proves that anyone can get in!!! :rolleyes:

lardyl Oct 11th 2006 1:20 pm

Congrats to you too Ian! Bout 9am,we found out-I screamed like Ned Flanders! Get in! When are you going? When's your leaving do?

Lisa starts in Feb 07, I fancy a holiday first so some time mid-Jan if we can get flights.....
Leaving do will be a weekend - baby's christening in Sept was 85 in village hall and that was just close family + the odd friend.....doubt the 200 it can hold legally will be enough - when we moved in we had to have a house warming weekend for all the peeps..... :D :beer: :D
My family will DEMAND a barrel (of Bathams probably).... :beer:

lardyl Oct 11th 2006 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by trigod

well done and welcome to the select 111006 Club!!!!
bagsie being the founder member and chairman!!!!

daviesl Oct 11th 2006 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by trigod

Well done - I spoke you ages ago, we are the ones also in Shropshire - congratulations, :beer:
just a hint as their is still lots of paper work to do, keep telling yourself 'it will all be worth it in the end', we are not there yet and only a few steps ahead of you.

DiffordA Oct 11th 2006 1:43 pm

Hi Folks!

A huge congrats to everyone who got selected last night/this morning!!

I just wanted to ask a question - and you may think I am being a bit thick so feel free to comment - but I was just a bit confused. Some people who have only just been selected seem to be talking about heading over to NZ in January. I have seen posts recently about ITAs taking around 3 months to come through after selection and so I was curious about how this was going to be possible. Is it a case of you just getting yourselves over there and dealing with completing your applications from that end or are you just being optimistic about timings.

Sorry if I have missed a hugely obvious point but I am just curious about various plans. Any offerings would be great!

Thanks, Amy

lardyl Oct 11th 2006 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by DiffordA
Hi Folks!

A huge congrats to everyone who got selected last night/this morning!!

I just wanted to ask a question - and you may think I am being a bit thick so feel free to comment - but I was just a bit confused. Some people who have only just been selected seem to be talking about heading over to NZ in January. I have seen posts recently about ITAs taking around 3 months to come through after selection and so I was curious about how this was going to be possible. Is it a case of you just getting yourselves over there and dealing with completing your applications from that end or are you just being optimistic about timings.

Sorry if I have missed a hugely obvious point but I am just curious about various plans. Any offerings would be great!

Thanks, Amy

see my earlier post.....if you have a job the period from EOI acceptance to ITA arrival may only be weeks......
get your medicals booked if they are hard to come by over there!!! see
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398847

also make sure you get your police check release forms off as they are taking the full 40days to process (according to the desk sargeant I spoke to) - due to the start of university terms and medical placements.
good luck, Ian

helinuk Oct 11th 2006 2:07 pm

Danny I'm confused- :confused: I thought you were all set to go with job offer? Congratulations!
Hope you don't have to wait as long as us for the ITA to come through! We are still waiting for ITA .( EOI 16th Aug-selected-?? )

lardyl Oct 11th 2006 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by helinuk
Danny I'm confused- :confused: I thought you were all set to go with job offer? Congratulations!
Hope you don't have to wait as long as us for the ITA to come through! We are still waiting for ITA .( EOI 16th Aug-selected-?? )

helinuk do you have a job offer?? If not AFIK it can take months for processing but if your employer is a bona fide one then this can be done in weeks..... I sincerely hope ---- or that's $300 down the drain then...... :fingers crossed:

MODS - please can we have a crossed fingers/praying smilie please --- I shall start a petition if you ignore me...... Ian

trigod Oct 11th 2006 2:19 pm

Does anyone else get giddy at the thought of telling your boss to shove their job and see how they will cope without you? :D