Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

EOI- they said yes!

EOI- they said yes!

Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

jeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant future
Default Re: EOI- they said yes!

Well done guys!

We are still waiting for ITA (selected from pool July 06)
I called the London Branch yesterday and they said we should get something soon - we don't have a job offer so we are low priority, which we kinda knew anyway! I'm happy to wait, as long as we end up in NZ at some point next year. Preferably June/July for the start of the ski season!

J
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeany
Well done guys!

We are still waiting for ITA (selected from pool July 06)
I called the London Branch yesterday and they said we should get something soon - we don't have a job offer so we are low priority, which we kinda knew anyway! I'm happy to wait, as long as we end up in NZ at some point next year. Preferably June/July for the start of the ski season!

J
Whoa Jeany you've been waiting 3 months for ITA
it's a bit frustrating knowing that our paperwork is just sitting in someones intray (and not being 'checked' as the website states!- in 2 -4 weeks)
Old Oct 12th 2006, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

daviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GowHow
Well done to all of you.

We got our EOI accepted in Sept and have just had our final "interview". Originally had a job offer which speeded up the process but we have had to turn the job down as we haven't sold our house and the job should have started last week!!!!

Feedback from the interview (on the phone) was that it was 99% likely that we would be issued a work to residency visa in the next two weeks. Actually we will be given an invitation to apply for a WTR visa. Does anyone know how long this invite lasts? I know the visa is valid for 6 months but not sure how long the invite stays open.

I hope we sell our house soon as I don't want to have gone through the whole process only for things to expire because of a "small" thing like selling my house!! It has been on the market since May. Can't understand it? it is here - http://britishexpats.com/classifieds...1&cat=7&page=1 if you know anyone coming back to UK....

Hopefully we will be arriving in CC in the new year

Adam, Claire and Ethan
Hi GowHow

Congrautlations and I hope you sell your house soon - just a quick question
you say that originally had a job offer which speeded up the process but that you have now had to turn the job down as you haven't sold your house.

Has this affected your visa at all i.e. given a visa on points of a job offer that you no longer have??? and how long do you have to activate your visa once given - is it 2 years?

thanks
Old Oct 12th 2006, 11:18 am
within Touching distance

GowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by daviesl
Hi GowHow

Congrautlations and I hope you sell your house soon - just a quick question
you say that originally had a job offer which speeded up the process but that you have now had to turn the job down as you haven't sold your house.

Has this affected your visa at all i.e. given a visa on points of a job offer that you no longer have??? and how long do you have to activate your visa once given - is it 2 years?

thanks
Hi

We actually got our EOI accepted without a job offer, then my wife secured a job offer, which we faxed to the London branch. This was due to start in Oct so I think this speeded up our application. We have since told them that we have let the job go, but as we did not claim points it did not affect our application.

OH had a telephone interview with the lovely Adelle in London yesterday who said we would now get a work to residence visa as we do not have a job offer. this is a 6 months open visa but we have to fill in an application form beforeit is issued. Hopefully we can delay this until we get some movement on the house.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

congrats danny, you and your family will love it over here, everyone has settled in so well no more drinking now until after the medicals think of the lft"s. good luck with everything.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of

Danny! Donna! Nice one guys, now you just have to bite your fingernails waiting for the visa! Cautionary tale - see our posts before we got ours. Thought it was a foregone conclusion, booked flights, left home, NO VISA!! What with our case officer having a week's holiday, then finding a problem with Melissa's medical, then the NZIS consultant Physician having a week's holiday prior to deliberating it, we had to cancel our flights for later ones twice!

However, don't want to put a downer on this joyous occassion (I am sure, Dan, that your healthy girth will be viewed as an asset and viable food source for those less fortunate) so will have a beer to celebrate your upcoming incoming (if you see what I mean)