Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

EOI section E problems

EOI section E problems

Old Oct 6th 2006, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

DiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to all
Exclamation EOI section E problems

Hi there

I just wanted to make a post regarding a mistake on the online EOI form to try and prevent it from causing problems (and lengthy calls to NZ) for people.

After finally receiving a job offer (YEY!!) I was filling in section E on our EOI regarding skilled employment and I encountered a problem. In the first question (E.1) I selected the option stating that I was intending to claim points for an offer of skilled employment then moved on to the next page. Here it asked for the job title of the work I did in New Zealand. Here is where I began to get confused as there was a note beneath this question saying that I should only fill it in if I had worked in New Zealand, which I haven't, and that I should not fill in any of section E if I had never worked there!!??

Anyway, I ended up having to call NZIS as it left me unable to claim my points for my job offer and they discoveved that on their system they have a note to say that this note was incorrect and should be ignored!! Too many notes for me, why not just delete the incorrect information!. So, in short this should be ignored and the remainder of section E should be filled in with information about the job that has been offered and there is no problem if you have no prior experience in NZ.

I hope that has made sense. I guess it may not mean much to most people but I hope it helps to save some of you an added phone call to NZIS if you find you come accross this same issue.

All the best

Amy
Old Oct 6th 2006, 1:31 pm
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of
Default Re: EOI section E problems

Originally Posted by DiffordA
Hi there

I just wanted to make a post regarding a mistake on the online EOI form to try and prevent it from causing problems (and lengthy calls to NZ) for people.

After finally receiving a job offer (YEY!!) I was filling in section E on our EOI regarding skilled employment and I encountered a problem. In the first question (E.1) I selected the option stating that I was intending to claim points for an offer of skilled employment then moved on to the next page. Here it asked for the job title of the work I did in New Zealand. Here is where I began to get confused as there was a note beneath this question saying that I should only fill it in if I had worked in New Zealand, which I haven't, and that I should not fill in any of section E if I had never worked there!!??

Anyway, I ended up having to call NZIS as it left me unable to claim my points for my job offer and they discoveved that on their system they have a note to say that this note was incorrect and should be ignored!! Too many notes for me, why not just delete the incorrect information!. So, in short this should be ignored and the remainder of section E should be filled in with information about the job that has been offered and there is no problem if you have no prior experience in NZ.

I hope that has made sense. I guess it may not mean much to most people but I hope it helps to save some of you an added phone call to NZIS if you find you come accross this same issue.

All the best

Amy
Thanks for that Amy. we did wonder about that just recently. now just need the job offer to put in it
Old Oct 6th 2006, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Diffo,la!
Old May 27th 2007, 7:18 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DiffordA
Hi there

All the best

Amy
Thank you soooooo much amy, you've just answered a major question for me and saved me time as i was just about to submit a post asking the exact same question.

it also means that i'll get a few more brownie points....yee haaaa!!!