Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

EOI Medicals - A funny Story

EOI Medicals - A funny Story

Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:59 am
Genius

loztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really nice
Cool EOI Medicals - A funny Story

Well, beein in Wellington for a couple of months now and we decided to go for permenant residency as we love it here so much. so... round the roundabouts of medicals and forms..all going well...except...153 over 110...hmmm..the old blood pressure a bit high .. I blame the wife and two kids :-)

Well, doc being such a nice lady told me to come back later in the week and we'd try again, good stuff I thought. So.. No Wine, no fags, running around the field, drinking loads of water .... one week later, I get off the train from work (a little stressed, worrying about the whole medical thing), and sit down in the waiting room ready for doc.

The wife and two kids walk in just as doc calls me in, cool will only be a second I thouht and I'll be back home..... not so Blood pressure reads exactly the same) ...bugger !!

Doc (being ever such a nice lady), says take a lie down, relax, chill out for 10 mins and she'll take a couple of readings ...

so I'm lying there, my head pounding, trying to think of something soothing, and not about the hole in my sock which has appeared and is making me feel intesly self concious, and then of course because I've drunk so much water, I'm tryin to hold back a torrent ...doh !!!

She takes another reading after a couple of mins .. not good
After another 5 mins the kids start playing up ...and I can hear their little footsteps exploring the depths of the off limits area of the doctors surgery in which I am lying down.....ok...keep calm...They'll go away...think of something soothing...a pastel flower blowing in the breeze on a nice summers day...doc takes another reading ... and walks out again ... things are not looking good....

About 10 mins later, have managed to calm myslef down and the throbbing veigns seem to be quieter, I'm more relaxed...a bit more hopefull...then.....

HOW LONG YOU GOING TO BE, I LEFT THE POTATOES ON !THE HOUSE IS PROBABLY ON FIRE ALREADY!! HURRY UP!!!...

The wife's standing in the door, giving me a stern look as if to say why are you taking so long to have low blood pressure..it's all your fault..and the house is probably on fire !!!

!!!!!!!!!!! D.O.H !!!!!!!!!

Then the doc walks in :curse:

Blood pressure 135 over 90 ... Phew !!!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 10:46 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI Medicals - A funny Story

and then and then

RESULT!

So where are ya? Introduction please. Unless I've missed it. In which case, do forgive me.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 11:16 am
Genius

loztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really niceloztom is just really nice

Originally Posted by Maz
and then and then

RESULT!

So where are ya? Introduction please. Unless I've missed it. In which case, do forgive me.
Hmm... a vague memory comes glimmering ... hello maz you daft cow its Laurence ! The quiet half to Stasia & Laurence

First post to this site, thought I'd better make an effort

Loz
Old Apr 30th 2008, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Now that made me spit all my tea over the computer with laughter.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I think they call it 'white coat syndrome'.

At least they finally managed to get a decent reading anyway.

Were the taters burnt?
Old Apr 30th 2008, 11:46 am
Genius

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I think they call it 'white coat syndrome'.

At least they finally managed to get a decent reading anyway.

Were the taters burnt?
Na, just saved 'em. One of those priceless moments even Visa cannot buy !
Makes the wife more precious !!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:01 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loztom
Hmm... a vague memory comes glimmering ... hello maz you daft cow its Laurence ! The quiet half to Stasia & Laurence

First post to this site, thought I'd better make an effort

Loz
Hmmmmm..... OK yes "quiet half" is definitely the truth!

Originally Posted by loztom
Na, just saved 'em. One of those priceless moments even Visa cannot buy !
Makes the wife more precious !!
Don't you mean Mastercard?...
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:34 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

so i changed the batteries in my BP monitor for nothing then?!!
Old May 1st 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Maz;6287595]Hmmmmm..... OK yes "quiet half" is definitely the truth!

you saying i'm anything other than a quiet reserved little wifey??
Old May 1st 2008, 9:04 am
Maz

Originally Posted by stasia
you saying i'm anything other than a quiet reserved little wifey??
Uh oh rumbled!
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

hey loz hunny bun, does this mean that you're gonna be the one posting on here now and finding out where all the parties are!......now whens the next one please?
Old May 2nd 2008, 8:55 am
Maz

hey loz hunny bun, does this mean that you're gonna be the one posting on here now and finding out where all the parties are!......now whens the next one please?
Aren't you lot all ditching the kids and getting sloshed at Dirk & Kerry's in July or thereabouts?
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Aren't you lot all ditching the kids and getting sloshed at Dirk & Kerry's in July or thereabouts?
Yes... we're dumping them all round your place...
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

sure are, but thats ages away yet we can't go that long without a party who's turns it next?

by the way simon did how was kaikora and is your mum enjoying herself?
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

sure are, but thats ages away yet we can't go that long without a party who's turns it next?

by the way simon did how was kaikora and is your mum enjoying herself?
Sth Island was terrific...well the day and a half we were there... going to post on here our trip once i've sorted the piccies... Mum is fine thanks and enjoying herself...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.