Reload this Page >

EOI lodged with 120 points

EOI lodged with 120 points

Old Feb 21st 2010, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Suesherr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI lodged with 120 points

Hi,

This may be a 'how long's a piece of string' question...I've (re-)lodged my EOI and have 120 points, including 15 points in area of absolute skills shortage...am i likely to be taken out of the pool any time soon?

Also, my husband is CITB trained as an Advanced Scaffolder and I'm pretty sure that he must be eligible for some points for this, but I haven't claimed any for him. How do we go about getting his qualification checked that it converts into an NZ qualification? If he would be eligible for points...does anybody know how many he might get?

Thanks.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 7:52 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI lodged with 120 points

The NZIS site gives a breakdown of the selections each fortnight, the last one is here

Cheers

Simon
Old Feb 21st 2010, 7:54 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You are right. It is a 'how long is a piece of string ' question. Maybe have a look at some of the time-lines that appear in people's signatures & I am sure some of 'em in the process a the moment will be along to say how it has been for them.

Also, my husband is CITB trained as an Advanced Scaffolder and I'm pretty sure that he must be eligible for some points for this, but I haven't claimed any for him. How do we go about getting his qualification checked that it converts into an NZ qualification? If he would be eligible for points...does anybody know how many he might get?
I'm a bit confused now. What does your immigration expert say about this. Any help you offer may help someone else here.

Our immigration expert has advised that my CIPS qualification (in conjunction with some other factors) should get us enough points for Permanent Residency without the need to find jobs before we arrive...fingers crossed

As far as I know from my own experiences and reading that of others here, if your OH has a recognised basic trade qual in a skilled occupation, then it could be worth 20 points.
The qualification would need to be recognised by NZIS and appear on their listings of recognised quals i.e. NVQ / C&G etc and also one of the recognised overseas awarding bodies i.e. C&G etc.
If neither of the above apply, then one would have to get the qual assessed by NZQA.

Scaffolding isn't on the lists of skilled occupations though.

Ask your Immy advisor and/or contact NZIS about this & come back to us with what you find out. .
Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS

I'm a bit confused now. What does your immigration expert say about this. Any help you offer may help someone else here.

As far as I know from my own experiences and reading that of others here, if your OH has a recognised basic trade qual in a skilled occupation, then it could be worth 20 points.
The qualification would need to be recognised by NZIS and appear on their listings of recognised quals i.e. NVQ / C&G etc and also one of the recognised overseas awarding bodies i.e. C&G etc.
If neither of the above apply, then one would have to get the qual assessed by NZQA.

Scaffolding isn't on the lists of skilled occupations though.

Ask your Immy advisor and/or contact NZIS about this & come back to us with what you find out. .
We have decided not to go with an Immi advisor because they want £4000 for their services! We did have the basic 'Will you qualify?' service from them and she said that my husbands qualifications would have to be assessed before we could claim for them. I can get 120 points on my own without waiting for his quals to be assessed and wanted to get the ball rolling so I've missed his bit out on the EOI. However...if I'm unsuccessful on my on, I may in the future need to call upon them. I just wondered if anybody else in a similar position had already been assessed.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:21 pm
`

4000 quid

I can't remember seeing another scaffolder about the place in a long time.

If you could gain that extra 140 points, you would get an automatic selection from the EOI pool, which would be well worth having.

Let's share and we can go look up the listings on the NZIS website

What exactly does he have ? I know it's CITB.

Also, you can do a pre-lim assessment via the NZQA site. It has a fee but it would give you a 'level' to present to NZIS.

It may be worth a punt.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:27 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

I just fell off my chair - £4000!!!

.....so how do you become an Immigration Adviser
Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

I'm not sure what he's got. I know it's the equivalent of the current NVQ Level 3 but I'm going to have to dig his old certs out. He thinks it may have been City & Guilds.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:30 pm
`

Originally Posted by Suesherr
I'm not sure what he's got. I know it's the equivalent of the current NVQ Level 3 but I'm going to have to dig his old certs out. He thinks it may have been City & Guilds.
Flippin' brill

Looks like a goer.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Originally Posted by simonsi
I just fell off my chair - £4000!!!

.....so how do you become an Immigration Adviser

My OH tooooooo, when he picks himself up off the floor he will be looking into what it takes to become one seriously now that sounds an awful amount of money to pay....especially given that like so many on the forum have done it for themselves... gosh that really is such a cost!!!!

xxElainexx