Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

EOI finally submitted

EOI finally submitted

Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of
Default EOI finally submitted

Hi folks
Thanks for all your help and advice on previous threads I've posted.

We finally managed to submit our EOI yesterday with 160 points and a job offer for hubby in Wellington. I know we now have to go in the pool and for an ITA, that's if we're selected.

How long can all this take? I know the next selection isn't until 26th Sept, but how long after that will they let us know anything? How long till we get an ITA?

Also how do we go about getting police checks and medicals? Is there a special form we need to fill in to start organising them?

Oh so many questions I sound like the kids...Mum what's this? Mum what time is it? Mum ?????

Look forward to your very helpful replies (grovel grovel)

Catkin
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:56 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI finally submitted

Originally Posted by Catkin09
Hi folks
Thanks for all your help and advice on previous threads I've posted.

We finally managed to submit our EOI yesterday with 160 points and a job offer for hubby in Wellington. I know we now have to go in the pool and for an ITA, that's if we're selected.

How long can all this take? I know the next selection isn't until 26th Sept, but how long after that will they let us know anything? How long till we get an ITA?

Also how do we go about getting police checks and medicals? Is there a special form we need to fill in to start organising them?

Oh so many questions I sound like the kids...Mum what's this? Mum what time is it? Mum ?????

Look forward to your very helpful replies (grovel grovel)

Catkin

Hi Catkin

I'll answer you questions in order that you asked but let me start by saying well done.

You should receive notification on your homepage on NZIS initially and your status will show as 'selected'.
This should show sometime in the 12 hours after the selection. In our experience and alot of others here, that is usually in the wee small hours. Please bear in mind that the selection is made in NZ NOT the UK and the figures that show are global.

You then begin to learn the art of patience:curse:

Do not automatically assume ( although it is usually the case) that you receive your ITA.

NZIS will look at the information you have provided about yourselves, the job offer, any quals you may be claiming for, whether you have been to NZ before and if you were good whilst you were here etc....

This can take up to 2 weeks

If successful you will have half a tree shoved through your letterbox sometime shortly afterwards

Police checks should be sorted NOW!! as they are taking 40 days to come back.
Go to your freind Google, search your local police force, on their homepage, search for 'Subject Access' and a form should appear that looks something like this

http://www.northants.police.uk/survey/form164.aspx

fill in one each for anyone over 18 years of age, write a cheque for a tenner each, photocopy your passport and pop it in the post

Do not book your medicals until you have your ITA. You can however make some enquiries as to who will do them for you as the cost seems to vary greatly.

This is the list of Panel Doctors available to you in the UK.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/templ...=Guest&level=1

if you go to the New Zealand Wiki, there is a list of all the paperwork you need to provide for your ITA.

Hope this helps
Sarah
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi catkin

you will defo get picked out the pool on the next go and you will get your ITA quickly as you have a job offer, the police checks take about 6 weeks to come back and cost £10 each, you can get the form from your local police station ( someone might have the form on a link for you )and they will send them off for you, you can book your medicals for the coming weeks if you want to make sure that you get your ITA before you go for them as they are abour £200 + per person, also do you need to send off your qualifications off to NZQA as they take about a month to be processed?

good luck with your application

ill send you some karma to get you through the coming weeks

with regards

kirstie
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of

Ooooh, just had a sudden thought

Do the kids, aged 7 and 10 need to have medicals too? Flippin' 'eck....these medicals could work out a bit expensive if we need to pay £200+ each, especially when there's 4 of us!!!

Catkin
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:20 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Do the kids, aged 7 and 10 need to have medicals too? Flippin' 'eck....these medicals could work out a bit expensive if we need to pay £200+ each, especially when there's 4 of us!!!

Catkin
Yes, the sprogs need medicals, but they are not required to have the x-rays nor blood tests.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Catkin
Hi Catkin

For PR, the kids have to have medicals but not chest X-rays. However our kids' medicals are cheaper than adult, (£80 rather than £170).

Alison
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:30 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

For your police checks, make sure that your passport photocopy is notarised / certified / whatever as if they're not, your application will be returned to you for that to be done.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:34 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

I was picked out of the pool on the 12th with 175 points and a job offer (in Wellington funny enough).
I will keep you up to date with whats happening with mine
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:02 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

Originally Posted by NZ Immigration
Decision Successful

Congratulations.

We are very pleased to confirm that your Expression of Interest has been successful.

You will shortly receive a letter inviting you to lodge an Application for Residence. The letter will contain information to help you complete your Application for Residence.

Please ensure that your Expression of Interest holds your most current mailing address details so you may receive our letter at the earliest.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Oooooh Ned

That looks good doesn't it. I hope we get one of those over the next week or 2.
The trouble is, I'm 1 of these women that gives other women a bad name, when I make my mind up about something, I want it NOW!! And if I don't :curse:. That's why all my friends call me "The Pitbull". It's also why I was elected as a local parish councillor, due to the fact that I like to make things happen.
Let me know how long it takes for you to get the form through.

Catkin