Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Entering NZ with OZ PR

Entering NZ with OZ PR

Old Jan 27th 2013, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Entering NZ with OZ PR

I know that if you have a current Australian PR visa and are of good character you may be granted a residence visa on entering New Zealand.
Does anyone know how long this resident visa is valid for and is it valid for as long as your OZ PR visa? Just curious to know do they give you a 5 year residence stamp in your passport on entering NZ and do you have to enter from Australia?
Old Jan 27th 2013, 9:09 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entering NZ with OZ PR

this might help ?

http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1068
Old Jan 27th 2013, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that.
Still not sure what the resident visa allows you to do in regards to leaving. Will it have a time limit on it for example 2 years or will you lose it completely if you have to leave NZ for any reason? Dont want to phone immigration as call is so expensive and I am too tight
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:24 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

does this help?

http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/5323
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:57 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyp
I know that if you have a current Australian PR visa and are of good character you may be granted a residence visa on entering New Zealand.
Does anyone know how long this resident visa is valid for and is it valid for as long as your OZ PR visa? Just curious to know do they give you a 5 year residence stamp in your passport on entering NZ and do you have to enter from Australia?
It might help if you say what your plans are. Visit New Zealand? Move to New Zealand etc.?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 2:57 am
journey from here to here

puna will become famous soon enough

you will get 2 year pr on arrival ,after 2 years here you can get indefinite one, after5 years can apply for NZ citizenship.
your Oz visa expires after 5 years but if you return and have work an/or rental arranged can be extended for a year if you haven't lived in Oz for 2 years .
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:12 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Entering NZ with OZ PR

Originally Posted by puna
your Oz visa expires after 5 years but if you return and have work an/or rental arranged can be extended for a year if you haven't lived in Oz for 2 years .
I'm not sure that is correct.

If your Australian PR expires you run a real risk of not being able to live there again and having to apply for it all over again.

Could you not wait until you get Aus citizenship and then you could come and go as you please indefinitely?

BB
Old Feb 7th 2013, 8:14 pm

"[QUOTE=Buzzy--Bee;10530333]I'm not sure that is correct."

It can be done - it is correct.
I speak from experience .
There is risk with everything in life but if you do it the right way, it's very likely you can extend but 1 year at a time may not be what you want .
nothing is for sure even that you will alive the next moment is not sure.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 8:18 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=puna;10531402]"
Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I'm not sure that is correct."

It can be done - it is correct.
I speak from experience .
There is risk with everything in life but if you do it the right way, it's very likely you can extend but 1 year at a time may not be what you want .
nothing is for sure even that you will alive the next moment is not sure.
The way you explained it, it was as if it was fact or policy which I feel may mislead.

BB
Old Feb 7th 2013, 8:29 pm

[QUOTE=Buzzy--Bee;10531409]
"
The way you explained it, it was as if it was fact or policy which I feel may mislead.

BB
it is a fact .
feeling of not.
this business is nothing to do with feelings.
black and wight is more like it:}
Old Feb 7th 2013, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=puna;10531421]
Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
it is a fact .
feeling of not.
this business is nothing to do with feelings.
black and wight is more like it:}
I'm alarmed by "wight", lol.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 8:43 pm

[QUOTE=GoingIn2011;10531426]

I'm alarmed by "wight", lol.
laughter is good not alarm