Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Enquiry re BoP Holiday/Recce

Enquiry re BoP Holiday/Recce

Old Mar 28th 2008, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

brujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the rough
Default Enquiry re BoP Holiday/Recce

Folks, Haven't logged on for a while but wanted to ask a few questions of those in the know. (If there's a similar thread in the mists of the site then i apologise for clogging up the server with more drivel ). My wife and I with 2 kids (7 and 4) are looking at coming out to NZ next Feb for a month or so on a recce to Tauranga and the surrounding area; not only on a hol but also to job hunt and recce for the subsequent move. Debi's just attained her community nursing degree and so will have her CV with her. So, my reason for adding this thread are to ask if anyone's got any tips on the following:
a. We would like some feeds on accommodation for the period, either a holiday let/self catering option.
b. What sort of activities are there in the Westerm BoP, with 2 kids? 'Must see' tourist sites?
c. Tips for budget car hire - and are there any special rules associated with it?
d. Weather for that time of year, and what's worth bringing, and what's not with the limited baggage allowance etc?
No doubt there's bound to be more we can ask in due course, but hopefully someone will give us some pointers. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:31 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Enquiry re BoP Holiday/Recce

Originally Posted by brujarerdeb
Folks, Haven't logged on for a while but wanted to ask a few questions of those in the know. (If there's a similar thread in the mists of the site then i apologise for clogging up the server with more drivel ). My wife and I with 2 kids (7 and 4) are looking at coming out to NZ next Feb for a month or so on a recce to Tauranga and the surrounding area; not only on a hol but also to job hunt and recce for the subsequent move. Debi's just attained her community nursing degree and so will have her CV with her. So, my reason for adding this thread are to ask if anyone's got any tips on the following:
a. We would like some feeds on accommodation for the period, either a holiday let/self catering option.
b. What sort of activities are there in the Westerm BoP, with 2 kids? 'Must see' tourist sites?
c. Tips for budget car hire - and are there any special rules associated with it?
d. Weather for that time of year, and what's worth bringing, and what's not with the limited baggage allowance etc?
No doubt there's bound to be more we can ask in due course, but hopefully someone will give us some pointers. Thanks in advance.
Hi, can a MOD please move this to the main forum and then I'll attempt a reply - playing for time as I pour a wine!!